The Office of the Registrar of Political Parties (ORPP) is established by the Political Parties Act, 2011 as an independent State Office within the meaning of article 260 of the Constitution. The function of the Office is to register, regulate, supervise Political Parties and administer the Political Parties Fund. The Office invites applications from suitably qualified applicants to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
7. Finance Officer, GRADE ORPP 6
• Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail;
• Compiling and formatting of financial estimates;
• Taking initial action on budget monitoring;
• Preparing reports and briefs on budgetary policy issues.
• Gathering, compiling and analysing information on commitment and expenditure trends;
• Compiling information required on budget monitoring and expenditure control including expenditures on salaries and allowances; and
• Initial processing of reallocations within the budget.
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Finance, Economics, Commerce or a financial related discipline from a recognized institution;
• Computer application skills
(c ) Terms of Service
The successful candidate will serve on pensionable terms.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to present originals of the following documents:
a) National identity card or passport; b) Academic and professional certificates and transcripts;
c) Any other relevant supporting documents and testimonials; and
d) Clearances from the following bodies to demonstrate compliance with Chapter (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010:
1. Kenya Revenue Authority;
2. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
3. Higher Education Loans Board;
4. Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureau; and
5. Directorate of Criminal Investigations
How to Apply;
1 Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing two copies of ORPP job application form. The application form can be downloaded from the ORPP website, www.orpp.or.ke
2 Candidates should submit their applications together with a copy of national identity card//valid passport, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents so as to reach the Office on or before 25th November, 2020.
3 Applications in a sealed envelopes clearly be marked with the position applied for, should be sent by post/hand delivered/emailed/addressed to:
The Registrar of Political Parties,
Lion Place, 1st Floor
Karuna close, Waiyaki Way, Westlands
P.O Box 1131-00606,
Office of the Registrar of Political Parties (ORPP) is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.