Position: FIXED ASSET ACCOUNTANT -URGENT (FOR A COMPANY DEALING WITH SPECIALIZED BUILDING MATERIALS)
Employer: A LEADING COMPANY DEALING WITH SPECIALIZED BUILDING MATERIALS WITHIN EAST AFRICA REGION
Ref No: SFK-FAA-11-2021
Job Category: SUPERVISORY
• Must be a qualified accountant with relevant professional qualifications such as certified public accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA.
• Must be a member of institute of chartered public accountant of Kenya with a valid practising license.
• Good understanding of international financial reporting standards (IFRS).
• Good grasp of general accounting best practices.
• Knowledge and ability to effectively apply all relevant invoicing policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices in a manufacturing environment including the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Excellent knowledge of accounts analysis and reconciliation.
• Ability to prepare financial statements.
• Ability to use accounting softwares.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting doing general accounting roles but with more emphasis on fixed assets accounting.
Salary: KSHS. 60,000 - 75,000 PLUS COMPANY BENEFITS
The main purpose of fixed asset accountant is to generate and disseminate clients’ invoices in order to facilitate clients’ order processing in line with established guidelines also serve as the fixed asset accountant, accountable for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets (owner of the asset module is sage ERP).
OTHER DUTIES INCLUDE:-
• Generate and disseminate clients’ invoices in line with the payment and order.
• Maintain records including but not limited to invoices and delivery notes for ease of reference.
• Prepare daily reports including but not limited to consolidated revenue reports and invoice reports for assigned location in a timely manner.
• Process credit notes for goods returned by clients in line with approvals by the head of finance and business operations.
• Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets.
• Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
• Assign tag numbers to fixed assets.
• Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
• Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
• Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
• Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
• Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
• Calculate asset retirement obligations for those fixed assets to which aros are applicable.
• Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
• Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets.
• Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets.
• Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of.
• Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
• Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
• Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.