JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Staffing/recruitment: Supervising the company’s hiring process from recruiting, interviewing, and smooth onboarding process. Ensuring the company is optimally staffed; staff are well trained and aware of their duties and responsibilities.
• Responsible for Environmental &, Occupational Safety and Health Administration:Co-ordinating internal trainings, championing implementation of ISO standards, monitoring records for system deficiencies and corrective actions: Liaison with external
parties on matter relating to the Quality, Food Safety and Environmental Management System. Maintaining and upholding optimal occupational, safety and health standards.
• Payroll management: Timely and accurately processing of the payroll. Ensuring payroll data is accurate and up to date.
• Compensation and benefits: Determine that staff compensation is fair, meets industry standards, and is enough to motivate and retain staff. Preparing and amending where necessary HR documents i.e., employment contracts and recruitment guides
• Records management: Maintaining proper physical and digital personnel records. Ensure the company’s archive room is well maintained and secure.
• Policy formulation: Formulation and implementation of company policies, standard operating procedures and departmental framework.
• Performance management: conducting performance appraisals. Developing/reviewing reward, compensation and benefit system that motivates staff.
• Training: Induction and onboarding employees on the corporate, business and functional strategies with an aim of aligning them to the organizational goal.
• Culture management: Ensure there is a functional corporate culture in the organization. Promoting equality and diversity within the organization. Create effective channels of communication between employees and management
• Administrative support functions: Ensure efficient utilization of company resources and their security. Ensure timely reports on incidences within the company. Perform administrative functions where needed. Planning for CSR programs and activities.
• Handling employee relations: Handling employee grievances, labour relations, staff welfare and benefits. Implementing disciplinary procedures and measures. Being the first point of contact for employees on any HR related queries
• Leadership: Directing employee efforts for achievement of set goals.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Must be a member of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
• Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) qualification is desirable.
• Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
• At least five (5) years’ experience in HR management, two (2) of which must be at a supervisory level.
• Experience of human resource management in the manufacturing sector will be an added advantage.
• Good knowledge of Kenyan labour laws.
• Highly organized and with attention to details.
• Initiative to learn and take responsibility.
• Strong ethical standards and dependable.
• Proactive team player.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• High level of coordination skills.
• High-level of written and verbal communication skills (MS Office Proficient)
• Strong social skills.
NB: Applicants must include their salary expectation inclusive of benefits in their cover letter.