About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
A suite of banking solutions that are simple, smart and secure. At Standard Chartered, Retail Banking serves over 9 million affluent and emerging affluent clients and small businesses in many of the world’s fastest growing cities across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our focus is on serving the banking needs of these Priority, Business and Personal Clients with market-leading digital capabilities and best-in class products and services as we make banking simple, smarter and secure.
About the programme
Our 10-week Global Internship Programme allows you to work directly on real world problems to hone your skills, create lasting relationships and learn about your strengths. The programme is intended to create a pipeline to our International Graduate Programme and other full-time roles.
What you’ll experience
- A 10-week structured Internship programme, that typically takes place April - August
- A country induction, formal welcome to the Bank and get to know your peers
- On-the-job learning
- Be paired with a ‘buddy’ from the International Graduate Programme, to set you up for success and provide insights into the International Graduate programme, fondly known as the IG Programme
Can I get onto a graduate role from the Internship Programme?
- High performing Interns will be eligible for placement on our International Graduate Programme
We have opportunities in:
- CCIB Client Coverage
- Financial Markets
- Digital Channels and Data Analytics
- Retail Banking
- Wealth Management
- SC Ventures
interested in people with diverse backgrounds and encourage students
from all degree disciplines to apply to our programmes.
For our Global Internship Programme, you must
- Be in your in your penultimate (second to last) year of study of your bachelor or post-graduate degree.
- Have the permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to, for the full duration of the internship.
- The Bank does not sponsor work permits for Internships.
- For the UAE, we accept applications from Arab Nationals requiring visa sponsorship, but priority will be given to nationals of the country.
- For US, we will consider students in their sophomore or junior year for our summer internship program.
- If you’re required to completed mandatory National or Military service after graduation, we will accept applications from final year students.
- All Interns participating in the Global Internship Programme will be evaluated during the 10th week of their internship.
- Evaluations will be used in our final recruitment decisions for the International Graduate Programme and other full-time roles, with an aim to provide an offer before the internship is completed.