Bachelor’s Degree Finance/Accounting option.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
Department: Audit Department.
Reports to: CEO, BOD/Audit Committee.
Supervision: Audit Officers.
Job Grade: EG1.
Coordinate the internal audit function by reviewing internal control systems of the Sacco and carrying out investigations to ensure that the organization’s assets are safeguarded against misuse and loss and that all operations are carried out in an efficient and effective manner.
• Reviewing the credibility and integrity of financial statements.
• Ensuring the financial statements of the Society have been prepared in accordance with the IFRS, IAS and the Sacco Societies Act. This will also ensure that all the disclosure requirements in accordance with the rules and regulations are also met.
• The internal Auditor shall act as a link between the external auditor and the supervisory committee of the Society. In the event the external audit is being performed, the external auditor analyses the work done by the internal auditor mainly focusing on independence and integrity of the internal audit function so that they can place some reliance on its work.
• External audit report follow-up.
• Review the quality of business process analysis and process improvement recommendation.
• Having fraud detection steps in audit programs; investigating allegations of fraud, and reviewing fraud prevention controls and detection processes put in place by management, making recommendations for improvement and on corrections or enhancements needed to maintain and improve effective and complaint operations.
• Attending meetings with auditees to develop and understanding of business processes.
• Researching and assessing how well risk management processes are working and recording results.
• Drawing up annual audit plan based on a risk assessment.
• Providing advice and guidance to managers and staff at all levels.
• Performing risk assessments on key business activities and using the information to guide what to cover in audits.
• Anticipating emerging issues through research and interviews on deciding how best to deal with them.
• Preparing reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to the relevant people.
• To monitor the integrity of financial statements and any formal announcements relating to the company’s financial performance.
• Review and monitor the internal controls in respect to all departments.
• Review and monitor the effectiveness of the external audit process.
• Assessing if the organization is complying with SASRA and government rules and regulations.
• Detection and prevention of fraud.
• Perform duties in compliance with KYC AML guidelines and other internal procedures.
• Conducting or facilitating risk management and audit of all ICT systems.
• Audit issues follow-up to closure.
• Any other duty assigned by the CEO.
Essential Skills, Key Attributes and Job requirements.
Essential Skills /Qualifications.
• Bachelor’s Degree Finance/Accounting option.
• CPA (K).
• Member of ICPAK (Good standing).
• Certified Internal Auditor(CIA) will be an added advantage.
• Certified Information System Auditor(CISA) will be and added advantage.
• Prior working experience in a Deposit taking Sacco, Commercial bank or a Microfinance bank will be an added advantage.
• Over four (4) years working experience.
• A masters degree will be an added advantage
Attributes and Job requirements.
• Audit skills, Report writing.
• Integrity, honesty, team player.
• Knowledge of Accounting Software.
• Planning, organization and decision-making skills.
• Good interpersonal, analytical and investigation skills.
How to apply;
• Clearly indicate the Current and expected salary in the cover letter.
Successful candidates must fulfill the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured