Only applications received via BrighterMonday will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
About the role
Your role will primarily consist of managing a separate portfolio of SME clients in southern Africa that you will service independently, working closely together with the Client Manager for Africa. Your key focus will be on the clients in Mozambique and on our growing book of clients in surrounding countries. Since we are a relatively new business line you will be involved into the development of the new product and yearly reviews in view of continuous improvement. Next to that, you will be supporting the client manager who is in charge of larger tailored clients and broker partnerships.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
• You deliver a high quality of customer service to clients by answering day to day queries and resolving service issues.
• You pro-actively manage and negotiate renewal terms for the portfolio for which you will be responsible.
• You implement new clients and coordinate a seamless onboarding experience for our clients and members.
• You will work closely with the Client Manager to maintain and grow the existing portfolio.
• You will help to continuously enhance the product during the renewal stages from an operational, benefits and sales part of view.
• You gather claims data and work with Underwriting to analyze/optimize the Africa product portfolio.
• You provide guidance and advice to clients and brokers on the health care landscape in Africa.
• You closely cooperate with insurance brokers to manage shared clients and grow the portfolio with upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
• You facilitate day-today support in conjunction with the Client Manager for larger sized African clients and African partnerships.
• You liaise with internal stakeholders ensuring client needs are executed and within agreed timelines.
• You work closely with the eligibility and claims teams to ensure seamless service for the highly tailored partnerships.
• You have 3-5 years of experience in the financial services/medical insurance industry.
• You have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• You speak and write fluent English and Portuguese (MUST)
• You are skilled in influencing and negotiating.
• You are solution-oriented and have a hands-on attitude
• You are administratively strong and have an eye for detail
• Working under pressure drives you and you have the ability to take ownership
• You have some experience in collation of data and statistical analysis
• You possess excellent interpersonal skills
• You are capable of prioritizing workloads in order to meet tight deadlines
• A sound knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint are required, some experience with Access is a plus-point
A challenging job in an international and growing enterprise. Your location will be Nairobi or Dubai.
A dynamic, young and entrepreneurial company culture that values and stimulates initiative.