1. The Organisation
Caritas Nairobi is the aid and social development agency of
the Archdiocese of Nairobi. Our vision is to see a just, self-reliant and value
based society. We work in the counties of Kiambu and Nairobi to provide aid and
social development services without regards to race, gender, and age, social or
religious backgrounds. In line with development objectives, Caritas Nairobi is
working with local dairy farmers to enhance their productivity and income
through the development and enhancement of a dairy value chain, including processing and marketing.
2. Job Summary
Based in Limuru, we are looking to hire a sales and marketing officer to help drive sale of milk and related products. In this position, you will be involved in developing sales strategies, maintaining customer relations, and creating sales reports.
To ensure success as a sales and marketing officer, you should have a passion for sales, strong knowledge of modern marketing techniques, and excellent communication skills.
1. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1) Setting sales goals and developing sales strategies.
2) Researching prospects and generating leads.
3) Contacting potential and existing customers on the phone, by email, and in person.
4) Generating sales opportunities by identifying appropriate business targets
5) Providing a professional and excellent level of customer service with existing and new customers.
6) Ensure timely sale of fresh milk and related products to customers and distributors
7) Research to identify customers, sector opportunities and maintain existing ones to increase customer base
8) Research competitor market and monitor trends in sales
9) Advise on any new methods to help increase sales
10) Grow and retain existing clients by building long-term and trusting relationships with customers and maintaining client records
11) Attend to customer enquiries and queries and escalate to the head of sales if necessary
12) Take daily orders from customers and distributors.
13) Carry out any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time by your immediate supervisor.
2. Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
1) A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing of related discipline
2) Diploma in Sales and Marketing or Related business course
3) A minimum of one years of experience in a similar position.
4) Preferred experience working in food manufacturing industry especially dairy corporative.
5) High-level communication and networking skills
6) Excellent computer skills
7) Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills.
2.1 Skills and Experience
1) Must demonstrate ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
2) Must be a team player who is able to work cordially in teams
3) Must demonstrate commitment to operational effectiveness
4) Must be creative and able to work under pressure
5) Must be a flexible person, who is willing to learn and able to work flexible hours to achieve goals
2.2 Personal Qualities
1) Values: respect for ideals and values of the Catholic Church
2) Ethics: Ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
3) Adaptability: Demonstrate dynamism and a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
4) Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
APPLICATION: Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications, detailed CVs, names of three referees, available testimonials and working hours telephone contact.