POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Main purpose of this position
To develop and implement an effective sales strategy leading to growth in the utilization of the businesses services in line with the businesses strategic plan.
The position entails overseeing and managing all sales functions of the business including direct management of the sales team. The position holder will be responsible for continuing to build the sales organization including implementation of all sales processes, systems, training of personnel and tracking of all customers and customer lists. The sales focus will be on both the inpatient and outpatient services covering the whole continuum of care including diagnostic, preventive, and curative services.
The position holder will also carry out actual sales including field work activities which will entail 60% of the holder’s duties.
Key responsibilities of the position
- Development and execution of an effective sales strategy aligned to the business strategic plan and service lines
- Effective implementation of the annual sales plan and achievement of the business sales objectives.
- Maintaining and enhancing the business relationship with customers in line with their current and evolving needs
- Optimizing of existing distribution channels and establishment of new ones
- Managing, developing, supporting, coaching, and leading the sales force to ensure high levels of professionalism and performance
- Continually improving the knowledge of the organization on the business climate to inform sales strategies and actions
Development and execution of an effective sales strategy aligned to the business strategic plan and service lines
- Develop the businesses sales strategy and update it annually
- Coordinate the execution of the sales strategy
- Monitor & review the deployment and effectiveness of the businesses sales strategy including the filing of the requisite reports
Effective implementing annual sales plan and achievement of group and individual sales objectives
- Establish annual sales objectives, sales activity plan, and budget aligned to the sales strategy and annual volume targets.
- Collaboratively define individual sales objectives for team members
- Coordinate and oversee the implementation of the annual sales plans through the execution of planned activities.
- Coordinate with the business development and marketing function on leads generation
- Carry out weekly, monthly, quarterly, monitoring and evaluation of sales plan implementation and implement corrective actions where applicable
- Develop and file requisite reports
Maintaining and enhancing the businesses relationship with existing and new customers in line with their current and evolving nee
- Maintain and disseminate data, information and reports, relating to customers, partners, accounts, and activities to support and/or inform sales activities
- Carry out networking events for key customers
- Ensure engagement is taking place at suitable intervals and in suitable ways by businesses personnel to ensure excellent relations with all clients
- Ensure clear segmentation of the customer base into client categories and ensure that the businesses systems track appropriate levels of both contact and follow up with the client categories
Optimizing of existing distribution channels and establishment of new ones
- Identify existing distribution channels, optimize both the businesses interaction with them and their effectiveness.
- Explore and develop new distribution channels.
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics
- Carry out networking events for key distribution channels
Managing, developing, supporting, coaching, and leading the sales force to ensure high levels of professionalism and performance
- Work with the immediate supervisor and Human Resources department to engage a sales team through the most efficient model and define ongoing structure of the sales function
- Onboard, train, and ensure ongoing competence of the sales team with regard to product knowledge and sales skills
- Motivate, guide, train, lead, coach the sales team to focus on the right activities, to identify potential clients, and to achieve high level performance
- Coordinate & guide the line managers and the marketing function to develop sales scripts, detailing materials, and relevant communication material.
- Maintain and enhance own and sales team’s professional and technical knowledge through structured ongoing professional development
- Manage the performance of the sales team through performance planning, development and application of performance metrics, and performance reviews
- Create and uphold the right culture in the sales function including but not limited to living the business values of professionalism, respect, integrity, collaboration, and excellence
Continually improving the knowledge of the organization on the business climate to inform sales strategies and actions
- Provide quarterly market insights to the Exco team to help identify new trends, evolving customer needs, new or growing market segments, competitor trends, and any relevant population and industry data that may impact or inform the business volume growth.