SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
VACANCY: R2R SENIOR ACCOUNTANT TEAM LEADER
The incumbent will be responsible for providing business unit general accounting and internal control support in line with IFRS, including preparation and reviewing of journal entries, maintenance of Chart of accounts , completion of the month end closing process and ensuring that the general ledger account balances and trial balances are appropriately reconciled. She/he will ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of preparation of the bookkeeping with specific focus on the general ledger, inventory, fixed assets, intercompany accounts, treasury transactions and bank reconciliations and the associated reporting requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Accountable for preparation and posting of journal entries for the designated SGS Affiliates.
• Performing the month end closure activities: finalizing the general ledger, maintaining the close schedule, scheduling of subsystem feeds, making materiality decisions on closing entries and communicating to internal customers on formal closure of the month.
• Ensuring data quality and integrity in reporting financial information to the stakeholders
• Grant the month end process and supervision activity of the R2R team member
• Creation, maintenance, and distribution of standard reports related the area of General Ledger, Fixed Asset, Inventory, Cash Management and Intercompany, to be distributed to corporate and business units.
• In charge of relationship with internal and external auditors.
• Maintaining accountability for the standard chart of accounts and for the account analysis/reconciliations on a timely basis.
• Maintaining Inventory, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, Joint Ventures and Intercompany modules and related entries in these accounts
• Accountable for the planning and execution of fixed asset verifications, inventory counts in liaison with the In-countries, all intercompany transaction processing and all related reconciliations for cash management and all related balance sheet account reconciliations
• Managing the R2R function for the cluster
• Providing customer service which meets or exceeds customer SLA.
• Identification and presentation of process improvements solutions
• Cooperating with other team members to ensure that the Shared Service Center is meeting or exceeding performance levels
• Continuously seeking to improve the R2R processes to increase efficiencies in line with leading practices
• Properly manage accruals and prepayments and keep a proper check control of the schedules
• Manages group responsible for payroll accounting including recording journal entries and reconciling payroll expense for correctness
• Manages relationships with internal business groups responsible for strategies and value-added initiatives
• Check and regularly review the maturity of hedge contracts realized and unrealized for accurate posting and accountability
• Check reconciliation file between ERP and EPM systems and investigate any variance
• To work closely with the Senior accountants to ensure all accounts mapped to IFRS 16 are properly reconciled end to end.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 6 years of related professional experience in General Ledger
• Professional accounting qualification a MUST E.g. CPA or ACCA
• High understanding of General Ledger accounting processes and information systems
• Strong knowledge and understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Ability to manage the general accounting function and deliver process enhancements (General ledger maintenance, Month End Closure, Fixed Asset inventory maintenance, intercompany, Prepayments, Accruals, Joint Ventures and account analysis / reconciliation processes)
• Knowledge of Oracle and Advanced Excel an added advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications and experience should send their application letter and CV.