Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
1. Strategic Management
• Development & enablement of Business Strategy and finance functional strategies in partnership with GM and Senior Leadership
• Leading in the execution of Strategic actions and ensuring that these are reporting on regularly.
2. Business Management
• Drive robust planning processes to deliver Annual Financial Plans.
• Drive cost centre planning and reporting and ensure that departmental heads own their own depend
• Constructively challenge drive exceptional business performance, constantly seek improvement in Supply Chain, Customers, Working Capital and CAPEX.
3. Finance Management
• Implement and sustain robust Financial Controls, Compliance & Governance for JUNIPER.
• Ensure effective & efficient system infrastructure working with SAP.
• Lead in working capital management to optimize.
• Lead in forex management, ensuring that the company has enough forex to meet needs.
• Manage the various loans to ensure that the company consistently meets its debt obligations.
• Management of banking relationship to ensure Juniper get full value and proactively manage any banking risk,
4. Financial Planning & Reporting
• Timely production of company and department annual operating and capital budgets.
• Accountable for preparation on accurate Cashflow Budgets.
• Production of accurate and timely financial reports for internal and Board use.
5. Risk Management, Governance and Internal Controls
• Energise and provide the mind-set for the organisation around the business performance management ethic and enforce budgetary controls.
• Drive the development of the Sage System (and any other business systems) to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the business.
• Lead in the development of Crises Management processes and documentation.
• Lead the Risk Management programme of the business and ensure that actions are taken on time.
6. Team Development
• Through relevant recruitment, training and development, maintain a competent and well-motivated finance team
7. Supply Chain and Stores
• Ensure that the business gets value from investments in Supply chain.
• Participate in the development of local supply chain as the key strategy to reduce dependence on imports.
• Work across team to ensure that the supply chain process is well managed.
• Support sales manager in delivery of competitive pricing to all our customers.
• Support sales manager with debt collection and debt related issues
• Support sales manager in preparation of tenders / bids for new business.
Qualifications and Experience Required: Qualifications
• MBA in Finance or equivalent
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting, or a related field
• CPA, ACCA or equivalent.
Experience and Capabilities
• Working knowledge of SAGE is a prerequisite
• At least 8 years finance management experience, with at least 3 years in senior management.
• Demonstrated ability to handle the key accountabilities listed above.
• Demonstrated aptitude to people management as well as working in collaborative groups.
• Ability to work in diverse very cultural environments.