Florist Job Description
• Creatively design, cut, and arrange live, dried, or artificial flowers, bouquets, wreaths, terrariums, and foliage.
• Designing, cutting and arranging live, dried, or artificial flowers and foliage.
• Unpack and record stock as it comes into the store or any other site.
• Water plants, cut, condition, and clean flowers and foliage for storage.
• Communicate information regarding product availability to ensure the products are restocked in a good time.
• Collect supplies and ensure all are in good condition.
• Keep a record of all items going in and out of storage; participate in regular physical inventory checks of all products in the store
• Ensure products not meeting the established quality standards are removed and updated in the inventory.
• Engage in evaluation and improvement of service delivery and efficiency of operations.
• Welcome customers, handle their questions and help them with the selection of the products they require as needed.
• Confer with clients regarding price and type of arrangement desired and the date, time, and place of delivery.
• Prepare ribbons, gift items, and other accessories.
• Ensure all arrangements meet the company standards.
• With approval, organize for disposal of repairs of any damaged items.
• Ensure flowers are delivered using the most cost-effective and efficient means.
• Prepare daily work plans and logistical arrangements for delivery.
• Any other duties assigned.