Head of Portfolio Operations at Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF)
Product & Project Management
Hold a master’s degree or equivalent in business, finance, economics, sustainable development, or related field. Project Management qualifications
- Minimum Qualification:Masters
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
- Fully establish a Portfolio Operations Office (PMO) and lead the development and adoption of the common set of processes, standards, and templates for AECF’s programs.
- Manage the effective delivery of AECF’s competitions (open call, due diligence, investments review and decisioning, and contracting) taking lead as the middle office and ensuring complete documents are maintained.
- Ensure there are robust resource plans that consider capability and capacity requirements for current and upcoming programs.
- Coordinate operational start-up teams for new programs or projects.
- Set up structures for monitoring of internal program delivery metrics, for all stages of portfolio management.
- Maintain live portfolio metrics across the different AECF mandates – competitions, portfolio management, investment, advisory and fund administration.
- Work closely with Program Managers and Compliance team to track agreed milestones, budget variances to determine need for budget realignments.
Suitable Candidate should
- Hold a master’s degree or equivalent in business, finance, economics, sustainable development, or related field. Project Management qualifications e.g. PRINCE2 will be an added advantage.
- Possess at least ten (10) years of experience in program/project management, operational excellence or portfolio performance in a debt fund, financial institution or development institution providing capital to SMEs.
- Possess solid experience in project management, from designing, planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Have experience managing donor-funded programs/projects targeted in the private sector.
- Possess the ability to develop effective strategies based on analysis of challenges, potential risks and opportunities, linking the vision to reality and creating tangible solutions.
- Be an excellent and visionary leader with great interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, impeccable integrity and good judgment.
- Be able to demonstrate a track record in stakeholder management – effectively partnering with the executive team, functional, program/investment leads and donors/investors.
- Possess a high degree of initiative and energy, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork and attention to detail.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured