Head of Programs/ Chief Operating Officer (PSK533)
Adept Systems, Management Consultants
Product & Project Management
Master’s degree in business administration, Strategic Management, Communications, Marketing Public Health
- Minimum Qualification:Masters
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
Population Services Kenya (PS Kenya) is a local NGO, with over 30 years’ collective experience of supporting the Ministry of Health (MoH) address public health priorities in HIV, Tuberculosis (TB), Malaria, Reproductive health (RH), Gender Based Violence, Maternal and Child health (MCH), Nutrition, Non-communicable diseases and COVID 19 response. PS Kenya targets low-income Kenyans to improve their lives by providing them with the right information, quality and life-saving products, and health services. We work across the country in partnership with the Ministry of Health, County Governments, local grass root organizations and other stakeholders including private sector partners. We believe in locally led and evidence-based solutions and hence work very closely with the communities we serve.
PS Kenya is seeking an exceptional and visionary leader to join us as Chief Operating Officer. This pivotal role will spearhead and drive our organization's transformation, overseeing and managing all our impactful programs as the esteemed Head of Programs. As a strategic mastermind, you will provide insightful direction and unwavering leadership to a team of talented technical staff, ensuring our programs consistently achieve exceptional results while upholding the highest standards of quality. As the incumbent you will play a crucial role in representing PS Kenya, both internally and externally, fostering strong relationships with stakeholders and donors. Your influential presence and captivating communication skills will enable you to effectively convey the remarkable work we do and inspire others to support our mission. Moreover, you will take charge of leading our dynamic new business development team, paving the way for innovative initiatives and securing resources to drive our future growth.
- Set the strategic direction for health area programming, charting a course that aligns with our organizational goals and drives impactful outcomes.
- Lead and manage a team of dedicated programmatic staff, ensuring their excellence in delivering on program objectives and milestones.
- Drive the growth of our organization through proactive new business development, crafting compelling proposals and budgets that captivate donors and partners.
- Exhibit financial stewardship by overseeing program budgets, from the development stage to meticulous expenditure monitoring.
- Foster a culture of efficiency and innovation by integrating best practices and inspiring a value-for-money mindset across divisions.
- Cultivate an environment that ignites creativity and fosters the incubation of groundbreaking ideas, driving continuous innovation.
- Promote evidence-based programming and implement robust monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, ensuring program effectiveness and impact.
- Strengthen the capacity of our program teams through tailored training and mentorship, empowering them to implement and enhance interventions.
- Cultivate strong relationships with our esteemed donors, partners, government representatives, and stakeholders, establishing lasting collaborations.
- Nurture and develop the program departments, serving as a mentor and coach to drive their optimal performance and professional growth.
- Actively contribute to shaping our organizational strategy and spearhead performance improvement initiatives, driving our continued success.
Academic and professional Qualifications required
- Master’s degree in business administration, Strategic Management, Communications, Marketing Public Health; and
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Strategic Management, Communications, Marketing or Public Health.
Experience, Key Skills and competencies
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Public Health six (6) of which must be at management level.
- Must have experience in development and demonstrated success in management of diverse programs at a strategic level
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs.
- Demonstrable experience in excelling in New business development concepts
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Strong emotional intelligence, especially self-management.
- Experience of managing others effectively, including remote and matrix management.
- Good judgement and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical writing skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and exceptional attention to details.
- Sound financial literacy and budget management experience
- Deep understanding of human resources, employee performance improvement plans, and corrective action policies
- Demonstrated results in managing through complex systems and proven experience negotiating win-win agreements.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Strategic and analytical thinking.
- Superior Communication skills - both written and oral.
- Strong consensus-building skills.
- Ability to drive change and innovation; and Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to lead complex proposal development teams
Jun 05, 2023
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured