Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) is a worldwide ministry of Anabaptist churches and shares God’s love and compassion for all in the name of Christ by responding to basic human needs and working for peace and justice. MCC envisions communities worldwide in right relationship with God, one another and creation. In Kenya, MCC supports projects with local partner organizations in food security, health, education, and peacebuilding. The MCC Kenya office is in Westlands, Nairobi. MCC Kenya seeks an energetic and self-motivated person to accompany its health and education partners as they implement projects.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
· Assist partner organizations to strengthen project impact for participants
· Support partner organizations in project design, monitoring and evaluation (including data collection and analysis), and narrative and financial reporting
· Conduct project monitoring visits
· Support partners in organizational capacity building
· Support partners as they implement safeguarding requirements and maintain strong financial systems
· Assist partners in building networks with local and outside organizations
· Participate in MCC meetings, conferences, and events, including weekly team devotions
· Perform other related duties as required by supervisors
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Community Development, Project Management, International Development, Education, or Health or related degree. Master’s degree preferred
· Two to five years of relevant experience, preferably in an NGO
· Experience with project design, monitoring and evaluation (including data collection and analysis), and narrative and financial reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking ability and detail orientation
· Time management skills with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
· Facilitation skills
· English fluency, both written and spoken
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Legal right to work in Kenya
· Commitment to MCC’s mission and values, including service and non-violence
· Maturity and sound judgment
· Self-motivated and able to take initiative
· Positive attitude and enthusiastic team spirit
How to Apply
By 31 October 2023 email email@example.com a cover letter (no longer than one page explaining how you have the skills to do this job well and are a good fit with MCC’s mission) and a CV (no longer than two pages summarizing your education and previous work experience) combined in a single PDF document. In addition, enter basic information about yourself on the Google form at http://bit.ly/3PVAafz.
Please note that applications not following these instructions will not be considered, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.