Our client a manufacturer of high quality rigid and flexible packaging products is looking for a production cost accountant. The Production cost accountant will be responsible for ensuring production costs and product specifications are aligned to approved budgets and customer expectations.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Reports to: Country FM production manager
- Cost Management of all SKUs in accordance to the approved budget.
- Define & Submit cost moderating options to preseve product margins in alignment to the budget.
- Ensure all product specifications as definied by quality standards in regards to product weight & Production Output.
- Analyze daily OEE of all work centres and escalate to concerned stakeholders in case of any deviations greater than 1%.
- Analyze repair & maintenance costs for all work centres & escalate any costs greater than the budget numbers.
- Determine product costs in alignment to the BOM.
- Ensuring raw materials are received in system and landed cost absorbs to the cost of raw materials.
- Responsible to check and reconcile manufacturing variances and yields analysis and interpretation of cost variances on a monthly basis.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Prepare annual budgets and quarterly rolling estimates.
- Support external and internal audits and ensure effective implementation of audit recommendations.
- Monthly reconciliations of costs of manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Qualified Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA, or equivalent) are a mandatory requirement.
- Be registered with a professional body such as ICPAK, ACCA.
- Ability to take decisions within company procedures and policies as well the accountability that comes with it.
- Multiskilled with ability to work across the other roles in operations.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as and when required.
- Ability and willingness to continuously learn and improve personal competence is essential.
Knowledge and Experience.
- At least 3 years of cost accounting in a busy Manufacturing/FMCG environment.
- In depth understanding of manufacturing/FMCG processes
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge (IFRS)
- Strong consolidation of knowledge and experience
- Financial analysis experience
- Good knowledge of any accounting ERP.
How to apply:
- If interested, submit your updated CV online.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured