Product & Project Management
Possess analytical and problem-solving skills, risk management skills as well as decision- making skills
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Strategy Development and Program Design (30%)
- In close collaboration with the CD, provide strategic direction of FH Kenya programs implementation and foster program integration in line with existing FY23/24 strategic priorities as well as FH’s programming model.
- Identify new donors and maintain donor relations to secure appropriate resources
- for national programs in accordance with budget targets and maintaining a diversity of future funding options for the office.
- In close collaboration with the CD, program managers/coordinators and business
- development manager, support the development and maintenance of an up-to-date
- country funding strategy to optimize income and plan to prioritize approaches to donors.
- Provide support in resource development efforts and lead in needs assessments and design of concept notes and proposals for FH Kenya.
- Promote coordination and consultation between stakeholders and FH Kenya projects
- to ensure that there is synergy, scalability and positive project outcome.
- Provide leadership and management of relief and development programming in FH
- Kenya from preparedness to relief response.
- Ensure FH programing incorporates design elements relating to reducing impact of climate change/climate change adaptation among participants in areas of operation.
Provide Leadership and management of FH Kenya Programs (30%)
- Coordinate and direct program planning processes to ensure engagement and buy in
- from stakeholders, integration of programs, proper understanding of programobjectives and results framework.
- Provide program and budget oversight to ensure that all planned activities, outputs and impacts are achieved over the life of each program.
- Ensure complete, timely and accurate program documentation for all FH Kenya
- programs, including approved proposals and budgets, annual fiscal and narrative
- reports, communication requests and capacity statements.
- In coordination with the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager/Coordinator/Officer, support active monitoring and evaluation of all programs and incorporating learning
- from project/program evaluations into future design of programs
- Support the CD in drafting agreements and MoUs as needed with potential partners such as, but not limited to, government line ministries, consortium partners, local partners and so on.
- Line manage the Area Program Managers, Technical Advisors and Coordinators to ensure successful implementation of projects.
- This will involve ensuring adequate monitoring, reviewing progress, reviewing beneficiary feedback, identifying corrective actions required and project/program learning activities.
- Facilitate the timely submission of quality program reports in accordance with required reporting formats.
- Provide support in undertaking partner capacity assessments and development of local partners.
Representation and External Relations (10%)
- Support the CD with representation at different government levels, helping to ensure
- constructive working relationships are maintained to allow expansion and growth of
- FH’s transformation development in Kenya.
- In conjunction with the CD and other staff, represent FH Kenya at relevant
- interagency technical networks and working groups as necessary.
- Support the CD in policy influencing (advocacy related to development initiatives)
- activities at the country and county level.
- Ensure effective communication and feedback between FH Kenya, key stakeholders and donors.
Staff and financial management (30%)
- Lead and manage staff: ensuring clarity on FH strategy, plans and priorities. This
- includes guiding, coaching, mentoring and promoting effective teamwork and inclusivity.
- Provide management support and spiritual leadership to direct reports and other staff as required.
- Contribute to developing and modeling FH’s culture, mindsets and behaviors;
- characterized by a shared vision, commitment and mutual accountability to FH’s Heartbeat.
- Create structured opportunities to encourage learning from all staff, ensuring
- internal and external evaluations and reviews are undertaken as appropriate. Ensure
- recommendations are implemented and learning is shared across the wider FH Kenya team.
- Support and participate in staff recruitment, induction and training as required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to represent the organization in high-level meetings with donors, local and national government and technical forums
- Strong people-management and leadership skills
- Experience in climate adaptation and resilience programing
- Commitment to accountability to program participants and transparency, showing dignity and respect, and demonstrating listening and understanding
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills, risk management skills as well as decision- making skills
- Have a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Strong aptitude for organizational change, participatory learning and servant leadership, spurring innovation, and team building
- Experience in supporting and leading organizational change processes
- Willingness to live and work in a stressful environment with security challenges
- Ability to interact with tact and diplomacy
- Strong presentation, speaking and writing skills
- Effective Inter- and Intra- personal communication
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured