Project Coordinator - Njabini town
Product & Project Management
Provide direct support and active contributions to all aspects of Girls United and other client programs. Ensure the timely and satisfactory arrangement of all resource requirements for meetings, workshops, site visits, resource distributions, or other activities, including facility and equipment use, technology, catering, transportation, and the dissemination of related documentation and materials; coordinate closely and communicate respectfully with colleagues in relevant organizational departments to ensure alignment of goals and responsibilities.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
Job Title: Project Coordinator - Njabini town
Work Location: On-site - Njabini, Nyandarua County
Work Contract: Full-time, Monday to Friday 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Remuneration: Ksh 50,000 - Ksh 60,000 Gross
Reports to: Senior Manager of Programs
About the Company:
Our Client is an innovation hub for our community of educators in rural Kenya, and a model school where we develop and pilot integrative programs that form the basis of our work across the School Network. In partnership with the Ministry of Education and public primary schools in the South Kinangop District, we introduce sustainable, locally-led programs that build the capacity of teachers, invest in girls, and provide essential infrastructure and support for school meals. Our integrative programs nurture students’ development academically, physically, and socio-emotionally.
● Program Coordination & Logistics Management: Arrange and manage all resource and logistic requirements for current and future programs in alignment with organizational goals.
1. Provide direct support and active contributions to all aspects of Girls United and other client programs.
2. Ensure the timely and satisfactory arrangement of all resource requirements for meetings, workshops, site visits, resource distributions, or other activities, including facility and equipment use, technology, catering, transportation, and the dissemination of related documentation and materials; coordinate closely and communicate respectfully with colleagues in relevant organizational departments to ensure alignment of goals and responsibilities.
3. Collaborate with the Finance, Procurement, and Operations Departments on identification, procurement, and utilization of all program-related resources, in alignment with organizational budgets, policies and procedures.
4. Collaborate and communicate professionally with all relevant program stakeholders, including school heads, teachers, programmatic partners, colleagues, students and larger community.
● Data & Knowledge Management: support all aspects of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) activities to accurately measure program impact.
5. Ensure the accurate completion of all M&E-related tasks on a school-by-school and program-by-program basis, including data collection, data entry, data authentication, specified photos and videos, recordkeeping, and preparation of accurate reports.
6. Develop and update tools for the dissemination of accurate information and access by key stakeholders to up-to-date data in key defined areas, including photos and quantitative and/or qualitative data required by the US-based Development Team in support of social media and other donor-facing impact reports.
● Communication: promote intra-departmental and intra-organizational alignment through clear and frequent communication channels.
7. Facilitate, manage, and monitor all departmental communication channels, including Google Calendar and WhatsApp groups.
8. Document and maintain accurate departmental meeting minutes, reports, and decisions.
9. Prepare and provide data and summary program reports to leadership and colleagues, including in response to specific requests in support of grants and fundraising activities.
● General Administrative Management - ensure compliance with policies and procedures for all program functions and activities, including budgeting and procurement, operations and facilities, human resources and staffing, recordkeeping, and legal compliance.
10. In collaboration with the Finance Department, prepare and manage programmatic budgets in compliance with organizational policies, procedures, and directives; actively seek and pursue strategies to decrease costs while increasing quality of services and impact.
11. In collaboration with the HR and Operations Departments, establish, communicate, manage and maintain a programs calendar and itinerary of activities, proactively informing key stakeholders to ensure facility, equipment, transportation, and staffing requirements, and to mitigate potential conflicts.
12. Organize and manage all program records, documents, and data consistent with required protocols, including the development and daily upkeep of an online platform for recordkeeping that ensures data integrity and provides secure access by key stakeholders In addition to the Essential Duties and Responsibilities set forth herein, the Programs Administrator may be required to contribute to special projects, participate on special committees, and/or be assigned additional responsibilities from time to time, as instructed, including to support gaps in core services and to provide coverage for colleagues who are absent, on holiday or personal leave.
● Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Program Management, ICT, or arelated field.
● At least 5 years of administrative experience in an NGO
● Female candidates aged below 40
● Candidates who have experience in procurement
● Skilled in program coordination and its logistics
● Candidate who are good in record keeping, are good planners andcommunicators, independent, super administrators and Tech savvy - should be able to write good reports
● A current, incident-free Children’s Check and National Police Check (Certificate of Good Conduct) is a strict condition of employment.
● Should be consistent with the management level of this position, some weekend and after-hours work is expected and you are required to meet organizational priorities.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Superior project management skills -- self-reliant, results-oriented, flexible, collaborative, and proactive.
● Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and other foundational computer applications.
● Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
● Well-developed interpersonal skills; ability to interact with stakeholders at all organizational levels.
● Ability to manage and be strictly accountable for the handling of confidential and sensitive information.
● Ability to respond quickly and maintain composure in situations that impact health, safety, and security.
● A current, incident-free Children’s Check and National Police Check (Certificate of Good Conduct) is a strict
condition of employment.
● Consistent with the management level of this position, some weekend and after-hours work is expected and required to meet organizational priorities.
● The Kenya office is subject to occasional interruptions in power and/or Internet access.
● A significant (8-10 hour) time difference is acknowledged and generally accommodated for scheduled and unscheduled communications among leadership in the US and Kenya.
● All programs and objectives serve children from preschool through young adults. Our workplace is thus regularly accessed and impacted by children.
(Brighter Monday recruitment T&Cs)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured