S/he will support the partnerships department in conducting prospecting activities, creation and sharing of knowledge to inform solutions to identified socio-economic issues. The assistant will participate in data collection from relevant sources, analyze it, present it in appropriate formats and share the information outcome to the line manager and department colleagues.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Job Title: Project Fundraising and Development Associate
Department: Impact Projects Partnerships
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position Type: Full-time
The African Talent Company (TATC) is a group of pan-African businesses working together to bridge the talent gap in Africa with unique, home-grown tech-enabled solutions through our leading brands Jobberman in West Africa (Nigeria & Ghana) and BrighterMonday in East Africa (Uganda & Kenya).
Our business is built around four core pillars that address both sides of the labour market i.e Digital Recruitment, Hybrid Recruitment, Manpower Outsourcing and Impact Partnerships. At TATC and our subsidiary brands, driving socio-economic impact is just as important as connecting talent to the right opportunities. We partner with strategic organizations that are aligned with our mission to sustainably impact on youth and women employment nationally, regionally, continentally and by each vertical in which we operate.
Sustainably develop solutions to bridging the African talent gap
The Project Fundraising and Development Associate, will provide analytical support and strategic insights important to influence decision-making as well as inform project design and implementation.
S/he will support the partnerships department in conducting prospecting activities, creation and sharing of knowledge to inform solutions to identified socio-economic issues. The assistant will participate in data collection from relevant sources, analyze it, present it in appropriate formats and share the information outcome to the line manager and department colleagues. All research activities will be geared towards high quality information products and consequent positive results in impact projects and overall company performance. To succeed in this role, one has to have the ability to find opportunities of socio-economic impact amongst youth and women, use data patterns to tell a story and good writing skills. This may mean updating one’s knowledge about relevant trends in specified labour markets and sectors in addition to gathering data related to specific topics and industries.
What You'll be Doing
You will work closely with the Partnerships Leads and other team members to identify potential project opportunities, advise management on which projects to pursue, and assist in the development of proposal backgrounds with sectoral data. This is an entry-level position ideal for individuals who are passionate about projects, eager to learn, and ready to make a significant impact on youth employment.
More specifically, the Project Assistant shall:-
- Conduct literature reviews of existing research output/documents to generate data and analyze it for purposes of knowledge sharing and informing decision-makers.
- Support identification of potential impact project opportunities, including identification and tracking of existing and upcoming impact opportunities relevant to youth and women employment in the East and West Africa regions.
- Develop and manage a calendar of relevant events related to youth and women employment, labour market development, employability enhancement, labour diversity and inclusion, digital employment agenda, and any related international days among others.
- Collect and analyze sectoral data, market trends, and competitive analyses insights to provide valuable information for project evaluation and proposal development.
- Prepare comprehensive backgrounds and summaries for identified projects, including relevant data, market analysis, and key stakeholders.
- Contribute to concept notes and proposal development for submission to prospective partners.
- Collaborate with the Partnership Leads and cross-functional teams to advise on the feasibility and suitability of pursuing specific projects.
- Support administrative tasks related to the Partnership Department, such as maintaining project databases, scheduling meetings, and managing project-related documents.
- Guided by the line manager, run desk-based needs assessments to inform new impact projects and develop relevant backgrounds for new projects proposal development.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, economics, development studies, project management, data science, data analytics, business, management, information science, or any related field;
- Any professional certification will be a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in any research or analytical field (relevant internships will be considered too).
- Familiarity with socio-economic impact projects and project proposal development processes. Previous work in youth employment projects is a plus.
- Strong research, analytical, conceptual, critical thinking and forecasting skills with great attention to detail and ability to think systematically.
- Ability to synthesize research and recommendations, and illustrate research/market intelligence outcomes appropriately.
- Exceptional presentation, writing and document preparation skills with experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations to audiences.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills. A track record of following through on commitments including those with tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in digital skills, including use of databases, online research, data collection, processing and analysis tools.
- Works well independently and as part of a team. Effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills with ability to work across various teams, willingness to listen, respect for diversity, demonstrated ability to build consensus and navigate complex operating environments
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.