Duties and Responsibilities:
Working under the direction of the Logistics manager, the Sales & Marketing Representative will have the following main responsibilities;
• Source, Identify and qualify new clients and business opportunities in the local and international market.
• Generate new business through prospecting, networking, cold-calls and referrals building own portfolio of clients.
• Develop and conduct sales presentations to existing and potential clients.
• Maintain existing business relationships.
• Provide manager with periodical and annual projections.
• Assist and resolving queries in the operations and accounts department as and when required.
• Achieving monthly budgets from both new and existing clients.
• Completing periodical reports.
• Follow-up outstanding debts until they are fully paid.
• Actively seeks and supports continuous improvement activities in process efficiencies, costs and effectiveness of work.
• Proactively address issues in a timely manner.
• Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
• Observe safety in all conditions.
• Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
Below requirements are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and ability required.
• Minimum qualification of diploma in sales and marketing.
• Minimum of 2-3 years experience in sales in freight and logistics industry.
• Independent, ambitious, self-motivated and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Strong Executive-level relationship-building, communication, presentation, negotiation, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
• Analytical, insightful and innovative with the ability to identify areas for improvement and to offer creative suggestions for implementation.
• Attention to detail including accurate data and numbers.
• Ability to organize/prioritize work in order to productively and efficiently meet deadlines.
• Computer literate.