Senior Product Designer
Product & Project Management
The ideal candidate will be adept at translating customer and business needs into innovative well-crafted products
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Title: Senior Product Designer – PetMD
Location: Boston, MA
Chewy is dedicated to being the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners), everywhere. On the Product Design and Research team, we embrace this vision (and our pets!). We craft experiences that delight customers (and the businesses and veterinarians that support them) and empower them to keep their pets happy and healthy. As a team of hard-working, collaborative, and fun-loving designers, researchers, and builders, we’re looking for creative and driven talent to join the pack.
We are seeking a Senior Product Designer in Seattle, WA | Boston, MA | Minneapolis, MN | Plantation, FL | or remote to join the Chewy Health Services design team. The ideal candidate will be adept at translating customer and business needs into innovative well-crafted products. You know how to create product experiences that enable pet parents, businesses, and veterinarians to accomplish their goals in the most elegant and enjoyable way possible.
The Chewy Health Services team is part of a larger Chewy Health organization. It’s a relatively new space for eager designers like you to sink your canines into. Your primary focus will be PetMD. On the PetMD team, our objective is to educate and empower all pet parents so they can provide the healthiest lives for their pets. We do this by creating best-in-class educational content and by providing unparalleled access to Chewy’s modern pet health solutions. At Chewy, PetMD plays a critical role in building audiences, enriching the customer journey on Chewy’s site, and supporting healthcare adoption. We reach millions of pet parents every month and provide peace of mind through vet-reviewed editorial content and pet health tools. We need you to join us in the journey to enriching the Chewy ecosystem by using the wealth of information PetMD offers in a smart and personalized way.
What You’ll Do:
- Transform customer and business objectives into compelling products that have purpose, simplicity, and are feasible to build.
- Develop multiple solutions for a specific challenge that can be delivered across a range of products, platforms, and devices with a bias for action and crisp prioritization.
- Manage the design process for your projects from end to end: Discovery and concept ideation, flows and wireframes, and full-fidelity prototype designs.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other designers.
- Champion cohesion and consistency to unite a growing family of products.
- Clearly present your design process, inspiration, and decisions to stakeholders, including C-suite executives.
- Nurture Chewy’s culture and principles within your team and the design practice.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- 1+ years of experience leading large-scale product design initiatives.
- A track record of delivering high-quality digital products that delivered results and demonstrate the depth of your design skills; illustrated in a portfolio or case studies.
- Proven experience communicating and presenting complex problems clearly.
- A proven ability to evaluate the customer and business impact of your design decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent degree) in Design, HCI, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience with the design field.
- Position may require travel and will require time in the local office.
- Experience designing consumer-based content sites
- Experience in e-commerce
- Experience collaborating on and influencing the direction for relatively new products from the beginning to final release
- Experience context shifting between multiple products
- Proven track record of mentoring other designers
- Strong visual design and UI skills
Deliver products and results
You use your expertise in user experience design methods to hone the details while keeping the entire product experience front and center. You plan your work and identify the right approach to any given design challenge, and you use customer outcomes and business metrics to hold yourself accountable. Your work demonstrates how you push the boundaries of design and product innovation.
You build trust across the team by helping others achieve their goals. Your constructive communication and collaboration style enables you to quickly build consensus and influence people across your team.
Operate at Depth
You identify the underlying customer needs and business problems that are critical to a successful product. You use storytelling and facilitation to drive alignment. For any solution you propose, you can clearly articulate the pros and cons. Your judgment allows you to make smart trade-offs between time and effort to ensure the best possible outcome.
Build High-Performing Teams
You model and mentor your peers to help us create a high-functioning team that is continuously learning and improving design delivery. You coach peers in design skills you mastered to continuously improve design quality and impact. When you see an issue, you act quickly to resolve or escalate it
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured