We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Technical Director for an anticipated 5-year $20 million USD program funded by the LEGO Foundation.
- Minimum Qualification:Masters
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:10 years
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Technical Director for an anticipated 5-year $20 million USD program funded by the LEGO Foundation. The program is expected to focus on improving comprehensive teacher professional development in Kenya’s refugee hosting counties, empowering key stakeholders surrounding teachers, and generating and using evidence on the impacts of high-quality teacher professional development (TPD) and systems support. This position will be based in Nairobi and is contingent upon award.
The Technical Director will oversee technical design, implementation, and monitoring of all activities across a consortium of partners. The Technical Director will work closely with implementing partners to adapt activities across regions while coordinating with external stakeholders to ensure that activities complement other initiatives. He or she will have a major focus on supporting implementing partners to deliver services on time, on budget, and with a high degree of quality and fidelity. The Technical Director will lead a technical steering committee that sets technical and strategic direction for the project, oversee a team of technical specialists, and at times serve as the Project Director. He or she will foster positive relationships with donors, government officials, UN agencies, implementing partners, and other stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in international development, economics, education, or a related field. Ph.D. preferred.
- At least ten years of experience supporting education projects in developing contexts.
- At least five years of progressively more responsible supervisory experience that involves direct leadership as well as oversight and evaluation of staff performance.
- Previous experience leading comprehensive teacher professional development activities in low resource or fragile environments.
- Strong understanding of inclusion, MHPSS / SEL, and play-based learning.
- Familiarity with the challenges faced by refugee learners and refugee teachers in Kenya.
- Familiarity with the current parallel refugee education system in Kenya and recent policies aimed at greater refugee integration.
- Familiarity with Kenya’s Competency Based Curriculum.
- Previous experience working with the Kenyan Ministry of Education or Teacher Service Commission.
- Strong understanding of monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) activities and experience working with MEL counterparts to measure, learn from and adapt programming.
- Previous experience providing technical leadership within a consortium.
- Experience managing large scale activities including conducting strategic planning, work planning, contingency planning and report writing.
- Fluency in English required.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured