2. Barman (2)
Main duties & Responsibilities
• Do the set-up of the bar before and after service as per set brand standards.
• Responsible for service of food and beverages as per set brand standards.
• Perform stock takes as per the bar stock.
• Take orders correctly and ensure efficient service.
• Present and ensure settlement of bills.
• Promote beverage sales.
• Ensure proper storage and care of operating equipment
• Ensure proper sequence of courses or change in accompaniment is clearly written to assist kitchen in preparation.
• Ensure prompt service and table clearance.
• Ensure a comprehensive handover is done to any in-coming shift.
• Ensure any complaint is relayed to the supervisor or the F&B manager.
• Ensure the general cleaning of the bar area.
• Report any malfunction of operating equipment to the supervisor.
• Clean and refill cruet and condiment sets.
• Stock sideboards on stations adequately.
• Prepare tea and coffee to laid-down standards.
• Participation in internal meetings and active trainings.
• Secure handling of the micros system. Drawing up bills at the end of the working day.
• Plan, organize, and control the operations of a cocktail lounge or bar.
• Create new and innovative drinks recipes.
• Alert security/supervisor on customers who become loud, aggressive or act suspiciously and ensure they are dealt with.
• Be up to date and have basic knowledge of current affairs – Sports, Entertainment and News.
• Ensure compliance and knowledge of Alcohol/Smoking Act as stipulated by Law and House Policy.
• Any other duties as delegated by your supervisor.
• Prepare tea, coffee, cocktails and mocktails to the laid down standards.
• Do stock reconciliation as per the inventory policy.
• Fill in the bar checklist.
• Report missing items to the shift supervisor.
• Should be trained in advanced food and beverage service and sales from any recognized hospitality institution.
• Should have at least two years working experience in F&B service (one year in a similar position)
• Training and qualification in the knowledge of alcoholic beverages.
• Computer literacy
• Friendly, outgoing, well composed, cheerful and enthusiastic demeanor
• Confident and positive attitude
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Engaging personality
• Good memory (able to remember recipes and regular guests)
• Calm under pressure
• Has flair and showmanship / able to perform bar theatrics safely
• Passionate about their craft
• Creative and innovative
• Very knowledgeable on all types of beverage
• Able to stand for long hours at a time during shift
OTHER DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES
• Vibrant & bubbly
• Engaging & energetic
• Tall & vivacious
• Quick thinker
• Right attitude and passionate about service
• Smartly groomed
• Up to date with current trends
Salary – Kshs. 31,344 plus service charge