Business Development and Partnerships Manager - Technology
One Acre Fund
Management & Business Development
Seeking a Business Development and Partnerships Manager with 6+ years of relevant experience to lead fundraising and partnership efforts for One Acre Fund's technology portfolio.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Business Development and Partnerships Manager for the technology portfolio will lead fundraising and partnership efforts for One Acre Fund's technology transformation agenda. You will drive efforts to connect to and manage external partners through coordination, technical fluency, and identifying key investment opportunities. You have a passion for new agri-technology innovations that have an impact on smallholder farmers. You will report to the Director of Global Partnerships, and work in the Innovative Partnerships pod within the Business Development team.
- Grant origination and relationship management: You will build a pipeline of funders to mobilize resources for our technology portfolio. In some cases, this will involve co-designing new technology initiatives in partnership with our in-country teams. You will work with finance, grant-writing and compliance teams to develop new funding proposals and also manage existing grants.
- Internal Coordination and strategy development: At One Acre Fund, technology cuts across several departments and geographies. You will bring cohesiveness and insights from internal stakeholders (e.g. in-country field teams) into our external conversations. You will also play a leading role in co-creating strategies for bringing new technologies to smallholder farmers that create a cost-effective impact.
- Partnerships Building and Management: Our funding arrangements are increasingly strategic partnerships crafted around objectives that align with One Acre Fund's technology strategy. You will develop new partnerships with donor-priority organizations, technology companies and advisors. You will also manage relationships with our existing technology strategic partners.
- A spokesperson for farmers, focused on technology: as a passionate technologist and partnerships-focused professional, you will be excited about representing our strategy externally. This could be at conferences, in media or via blog posts or white papers.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and investing in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll be able to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have the following:
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in partnership building/ fundraising, technology for development (ICT4D) and/or agri-technology (preferably a combination).
- 2+ years of experience in one of our countries of operation.
- Strong existing networks in the technology and partnerships community
- Technical fluency of agricultural digital technologies within our country's contexts
- Management consulting or similar professional services experience.
- Fluent in English
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Flexible. Remote, based in one of our hub offices: New York, Utrecht, Nairobi, Kigali and London
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
You have independent authorization to work in the country where you will be based.
03 May 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Please report any suspicious communication.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured