Chef – Isinya, Kajiado
Our client a Poultry Integrator in Kenya is looking recruit a Chef to be based to be based in Kajiado County. You will manage the HQ’s Canteen, the company’s F&B department according to set standards, customer satisfaction and train teams across the numerous sites. The successful candidate must be conversant in Food Safety systems, have a good understanding of safety, hygiene and heath policies. He/She must have at least 3 years of experience as a chef in a well-established diverse hospitality establishment.
• Plan menus.
• Direct and coordinate food or beverage preparation.
• Prepare and cook foods/meals of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Determine how food should be presented and ensure quality of meals.
• Determine food or beverage costs and estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
• Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies needed to ensure efficient operations.
• Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, considering such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients.
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques to staff and be aware of changing culinary trends.
• Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
• Maintaining high level of hygiene in the kitchen including the dishes.
• Must have at least 3 years’ working experience.
• Have a Certificate/Diploma.
• Must have Food handling certificate.
• Must be able to provide a 4-week Menu.
• High level of personal cleanliness.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with safety requirements, safe work practices and health regulations pertaining to food preparation and service.
• Enjoy cooking and able to organise efficient work schedules.
• Be punctual and excellent time management skills.
• Able to work under pressure and stay calm in difficult situations.
• Honest and attention to detail
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh 40,000 – 50,000
Career Level: Mid-Level
Location: Isinya, Kajiado
Job Type: Full time
Deadline: 1st December 2023
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***