Chief Program Officer (CPO) at Inkomoko
Product & Project Management
A successful CPO candidate will have a proven track record of leading and managing global teams program teams, ideally with experience in our two core industries: financial services and entrepreneurship development. The CPO will be strategic, and also willing to roll up her sleeves.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
About the Opportunity
- Inkomoko seeks an experienced CPO with background in leading $MM programs in or focused on frontier economies, ideally that host refugees. This is a new position for Inkomoko, and will take over segments of responsibilities previously managed by the current CEO and the COO.
- The right candidate will significantly elevate the program operations of Inkomoko by setting program vision and priorities, strengthening program services, and building a strong and collaborative organizational and program team culture.
- Following previous years of program growth and expansion, the CPO has a unique opportunity to accelerate our service offerings into the next phase of Inkomoko’s journey and deliver the highest quality programming for entrepreneurs. The CPO responsibilities will include:
Strategic Management and Leadership
- Provide strategic oversight and guidance to directors and address issues as they emerge.
- Ensure work plans, project budgets and staffing tables align with local context, donor agreements, and strategic planning.
- Coordinate operations with key HQ staff functions (CFO, COO) and cultivate strong working relationships with and among Country Directors and Program Managers.
- Directly supervise relevant staff, including effective and efficient delegation of duties
- Work with senior leadership on strategic planning, including developing new program ideas and proposals while innovating and streamlining existing systems and approaches;
- Support the CEO as needed in strategy, fundraising, comms, and more.
Program Management and Delivery
- Set-up project management processes to ensure programs are implemented in accordance with contribution agreements, Inkomoko policy, and local regulations.
- Develop other macro-level project plans (e.g. management task lists, implementation plans, strategies, and priorities).
- Regularly monitor program activities to ensure strategies are being implemented in line with established guidance. As needed, run program workshops/SOPs to address inconsistencies.
- Regularly monitor performance benchmarks and activity targets to confirm they are being met or exceeded. Work with managers to make adjustments, as required.
- Ensure appropriate program resource allocation, including staffing and other assets.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, contribute/prepare donor program reports and proposals, and liaise with donors on project progress and challenges.
- Review project forecasts and end of month financials to ensure expenditures are in line with budget allocations.
- With the CFO, COO, and CEO, develop budgets, forecasts, and business plans.
- Ensure programs achieve a minimum of 90% budget execution per annum.
- Develop field guides that document program approaches and ensure this resource is shared and used across country offices, and HQ teams.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are in place related to program set-up, management, execution, and closure.
- Work with executive management to Identify opportunities for Country Offices to collaborate on problem-solving, including sharing successes and challenges.
- Work with relevant People & Culture and Finance team members to review policies and procedures related to program implementation, and update as needed;
- Stay up to date on related research published within the industry and conduct staff learning exercises as maybe required.
- Ensure all archiving of program documentation in accordance with Inkomoko policies and practices (ongoing).
Leadership and Team Development
- Promote and foster a culture of professional growth of a highly-qualified team of program staff through effective feedback, succession planning, coaching, and professional development in alignment with Inkomoko’s values and belief in inclusion; contribute to growth of the team to support scale.
- Conceptualizes and analyzes problems and solutions in a constructive, collaborative manner. This leader’s ability to leverage the expertise of the staff and hone the organizational systems and processes will be key to success.
- Provide strategic leadership to the program & ME&L teams. Set goals, develop strategies, and ensure the strategies are executed effectively.
- Establish a rhythm of frequent and highly proactively communication with the senior leadership to facilitate seamless operations and effective thought leadership; articulate concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Foster a culture of transparency and accountability in the program team and across Inkomoko.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect in which team members thrive, grow, and strive to achieve excellence.
- Promote accountability, regularly communicate expectations, and provide clear and constructive feedback via regular, and timely performance reviews.
- Mentor program leads on leadership skills as needed (planning, directing, strategy, prioritization, representation).
- Represent Inkomoko at relevant external meetings, including taking initiative to identify opportunities for outreach, collaboration, and partnerships that can support and accelerate Inkomoko growth;
- Communicate effectively with donors and other stakeholders to ensure relationships are developed and maintained that promote program and organizational success.
- Regular travel to country offices and other events required by the CEO.
- A successful CPO candidate will have a proven track record of leading and managing global teams program teams, ideally with experience in our two core industries: financial services and entrepreneurship development. The CPO will be strategic, and also willing to roll up her sleeves.
A successful candidate will clearly demonstrate:
- 10+ years of progressively senior management experience and leading program strategy and operations across multiple countries, reporting to the CEO or Board of Directors.
- Successful track record of leading senior directors and their program teams to create social impact.
- Experience starting and launching new programs and new country offices, developing theories of change and partnering with UN and other high-level agency leads.
- Demonstrated experience identifying, directing, and implementing new systems, processes, and technology that enhances program effectiveness.
- Proven experience fundraising for program development and expansion, including interfacing with a diverse range of external stakeholders and donors.
- Must be a sharp and concise writer and editor that also has excellent communication and presentation skills (fluency in English – both written and spoken required).
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, including development of theory of change and ensuring that programs are aligned with intended outcomes.
- Experience with various databases and the ability to interact with technology that is key to program implementation and growth strategy.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position program discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Ability to travel locally, regionally, and internationally with limited advanced notice.
- Experience in East Africa required.
- Sincere JEDI champion with skills to work inclusively with diverse groups, and commitment to the mission and vision of Inkomoko.
What You'll Get
This role is inside a high-growth, mission-driven social enterprise. By joining, you’ll access:
- Competitive salary, and potential KPI-based bonus
- Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth
- Diverse colleagues and policies that show our commitment to equity and inclusion
- Talented, passionate, and committed team colleagues across the region
- Ability to make a significant social impact to your community
- Generous health insurance, staff savings, parental leave, sabbatical, and more benefits.
Date of closing: Jun 12, 2023
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured