EIDU Officer (EO)
Research, Teaching & Training
You will be Training the Government Officials,EIDU Coaches and Teachers in the implementation of Competency-based curriculum (CBC) through Tayari Pre-Primary programme, including teaching all stakeholders on the integration of EIDU digital support tools.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
How we are
Over 600 million children are not learning basic literacy or numeracy. With the arrival of smartphones in Africa, for the first time in history, we will be able to reach these children with better quality education. EIDU’s mission is to educate children by providing the best ICT support and resources. Not only do we provide high quality learning experiences for children directly, we also provide counties with the right tools by bringing the EIDU learning App and Tayari Pre-Primary programme to their schools. On top of that, we are building a digital assessment method, to adequately capture the children’s learning progress and to inform us of possible improvements.
For more information, visit our website at EIDU.com or watch EIDU explained via the following link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlGnj7LsC_g
Location: Across Kenya
About the Role
You will be Training the Government Officials,EIDU Coaches and Teachers in the implementation of Competency-based curriculum (CBC) through Tayari Pre-Primary programme, including teaching all stakeholders on the integration of EIDU digital support tools. We continuously add new elements to our platform, and you will contribute to our efforts in making these tools useful and valuable.
You will be responsible for maintaining government relationships at the county level by conducting regular meeting with the county Officials
As an EIDU Officer, you will visit schools on a regular basis using public transport as you shadow and support Government Officials and EIDU Coaches.
You’ll also be responsible for managing a team of EIDU Coaches, including their professional development and continuous performance management.
What You will do
● Train Government officers, and teachers in delivery of CBC using Tayari methodology for pre-primary,Primary and EIDU learning App
● Visit schools regularly to provide ongoing mentorship, training and performance feedback to EIDU Coaches, Government Officials and Teachers
● Manage a team of EIDU Coaches, including their professional development and continuous performance management.
● Support Government Officers with classroom observation visits or otherwise and on issues of EIDU app usage in the classroom. This includes implementation of Tayari core strategies in the teachers’ daily lessons.
● Contribute to our learning digital platforms development and materials by providing regular feedback
● Use Provided data to guide in planning for the classroom observation visits needed by Government officers to support their teachers.
● Maintain government relationships at the county level by conducting regular meeting with the county Officials
● Conduct regular review meetings with the ECDE officers and EIDU Coaches to support them in teacher cluster review meetings.
● Represent EIDU in activities that involve EIDU partners when required as guided by the EIDU Support Team
● Ensure the highest degree of integrity and ethics when conducting school visits at all times to safeguard children as required by the law.
● Generate reports on training and field visits as required by EIDU.
● Other tasks as assigned
What You Should have
● Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years experience in education
● Minimum of 2 years of training experience
● Minimum of 3 years of team management experience
● ICT skills: Word/Excel, issue management systems (e.g., CRM), Android Smartphones
● Interest in digital teaching and learning
● Ability to work across Kenya
● Great communication skills with impeccable written & spoken English and local language skills; public speaking experience preferred
● Experience in use of Tayari/Tusome Methodology in delivering CBC will be an added advantage
● Proven community leadership experience, leading teams of people to accomplish an objective. Experience in mentorship, training and coaching of youth and adults.
● Strong level of responsibility and independence
● Certificate of Good Conduct
● A detailed doer - You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets and engaging others. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
● A creative problem-solver - Growing any organization from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, EIDU works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
● An adaptive learner - You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
● A data-driven decision-maker - When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
● Collaborative leader with strong relationship building skills
● The opportunity to grow through end-to-end ownership of given projects and frequent coaching by EIDU’s leadership
● The chance to work every day on solving a pressing inequality issue
● A highly talented and diverse international team based in Kenya and Germany
● A supportive and fun team environment
If this resonates with you, let us know
Please submit your CV, one-paragraph motivation letter with expectations and your earliest start date via "Apply Now Button".
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured