The ideal candidate should be proficient in teaching English to non-native speakers, ranging from beginner to advanced levels.
- Minimum Qualification: Masters
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Job Title: English Language Instructor
Department: General Education
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Department Chair or Program Director
Somali Institute of Technology seeking experienced English Language Instructor to join our team and lead our English language department. The ideal candidate should be
proficient in teaching English to non-native speakers, ranging from beginner to advanced levels. In addition to exemplary teaching skills, the candidate should demonstrate strong leadership abilities to manage and mentor junior instructors.
- Deliver high-quality English language instruction to non-native speakers at various proficiency levels.
- Develop and implement effective lesson plans and curriculum that cater to diverse learning styles and abilities.
- Foster an engaging and inclusive learning environment that promotes student participation and interaction.
2. Department Leadership:
- Lead and manage the English language department, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior instructors, fostering their professional development.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate English language instruction into broader educational programs.
3. Curriculum Development:
- Design and update curriculum materials to meet the evolving needs of the students and industry standards.
- Incorporate innovative teaching methodologies and technologies to enhance the learning experience.
4. Assessment and Evaluation:
- Develop and administer assessments to measure students' progress and proficiency.
- Analyze assessment results to identify areas for improvement and implement strategies accordingly.
5. Administrative Tasks:
- Oversee administrative aspects of the English language department, including scheduling, and resource allocation.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress, attendance, and other relevant data.
- Master's degree in English, TESOL, Education, or a related field.
- Proven experience in teaching English to non-native speakers across various proficiency levels.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, with a track record of effectively leading and mentoring teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with the latest trends and technologies in language instruction.
- Certification in TESOL, TEFL, or a related field is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Free housing while employed
- One month paid vacation
- Visa and work permit expenses covered
- Paid travel expenses
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter outlining your qualifications and teaching philosophy, and contact information for three professional references
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.