Group Head Chef – Isinya, Kajiado
Our client, a Poultry Integrator in Kenya is looking recruit a Group Head Chef to be based to be based in Kajiado County. You will manage the HQ’s Canteen, the company’s F&B department according to set standards, customer satisfaction and train teams across the numerous sites. The successful candidate must be conversant in Food Safety systems, have a good understanding of safety, hygiene and heath policies. He/She must have at least 5 years of
experience as a head chef in a well-established diverse hospitality establishment.
• Have working knowledge of menu costing and design and establish a cost management plan.
• Must have a good understanding of menu compilation, preparation of a wide range of cuisine (Local and International).
• Ensure adherence to proper cooking methods and presentation of food with colourful & artistic flair.
• Conversant with HACCP systems
• Ensure correct items and amount of food is prepared prior to food service and is stored correctly.
• Interacting with team at the farm and obtaining feedback.
• Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and ensure that the employees adhere to the same.
• Ensure adherence to the hygiene in the department and all equipment is well cleaned and stored.
• Maintain discipline in the department according to the property and company standards.
• Manage, train, review, implement and give feedback to employees on their job performance.
• Manage inventory and requisition of all items: assets, consumables, foods etc
• Must have a Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline.
• Must have at least 5 years’ working experience.
• Have a good understanding of dietary requirements, stock rotation and control.
• Excellent time management, hosting, communication and interpersonal skills
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh 70,000 - 80,000
Career Level: Senior
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Location: Isinya, Kajiado
Job Type: Full time
Deadline: 1st December 2023
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***