Effectively manage the SME portfolio and co-ordinate all the relevant products, services and resources to achieve the agreed targets and profitability of the sector
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 10 years
Job Title: Head SME
Business Unit/Function: Commercial Banking
Contract: Full-time Permanent
Effectively manage the SME portfolio and co-ordinate all the relevant products, services and resources to achieve the agreed targets and profitability of the sector.
Accountable for the achievement of the overall performance of that business sector.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND APPROXIMATE WEIGHTING
Accountability: Business Performance
• Put in place strategy and annually approved target market document with complete information on customer segmentation, target names, products, services, revenues and profitability.
• Utilise the customer segmentation to drive growth and sustainability of financials and revenues in conjunction with Head of Commercial Banking.
• Prepare and deliver on approved budgets.
• Agree individual annual and monthly targets with direct reports.
• Identify and initiate business development activities to achieve the set targets.
• Maximum NPL of 3% of portfolio and 1% of portfolio revenues.
• Build and maintain productive relationships across units to support the delivery of the Unit’s goals.
• Ensure all due incomes are duly booked and correctly recorded.
• Track and maintain divisional performance records including sales tracker, deposits, risk assets, provisions, incomes, costs and all relevant performance indicators on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis including reconciliation with financial control.
Accountability: Relationship Management & Customer Service
• Establish strong relationships with key customers business partners, Central Bank, Shareholders, local community etc. and leverage on this to gain a deeper insight of the business and develop the portfolio .
• Achieve minimum of 5 products per customer and wallet share targets.
• Achieve minimum customer satisfaction rating of ‘very satisfied’.
• Deliver service within SLAs.
• Own and monitor escalated customer and regulatory queries/complaints and resolutions process.
• In-depth understanding of competitor activities, financial service trends and banking practices both nationally and internationally in order to continually stay ahead of the market in customer solutions.
• Continuously feedback into the development of solutions based products development.
Accountability: Risk, Governance & Control
• Own and manage the unit’s strategic credit risks and governance issues in line with Group policy and procedures.
• Work closely with Credit and Risk to monitor the credit portfolio of the unit, initiate proposals for new facilities or facility modifications and grow a healthy portfolio.
• Pro-actively and timeously identify potential problems and formulate appropriate risk mitigating strategies.
• Ensure own and Unit’s compliance to legal and regulatory banking requirements, audits and any other credit or governance directives.
• Ensure adherence to all Group Policies and Procedures including; the CAP Manual, the Credit Policy Manual, Anti Money Laundering policy and the Code of Business Ethics etc..
• Achieve minimum ARR rating of ‘Acceptable’.
• Provide feedback on performance of service providers.
• Provide feedback to various sectors on the performance of staff e.g. IT, Operations etc.
Accountability: People Management & Teaming
• Selection, appraisal and performance of direct reports including delivery of all KPIs.
• Maintain and develop a culture of high performance, mutual respect, values and reputation in the Unit.
• Actively work with Head of Commercial Banking, to identify any operational and resource gaps (people, budget and equipment).
• Understand and communicate clearly the business strategy of Commercial Banking and Unit in a manner that enables buy in of the Unit.
• Implement at least one training per quarter for all staff.
• Motivate and engage the team to deliver on the unit’s set targets.
• Ensure competent back-up at all times and compliance with Leave Roster.
• Provide honest feedback on performance of colleagues
• Share knowledge and best practice with team members and other Unit heads
Perform all other duties as reasonably assigned
JOB SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Education Bachelor Degree
- Preferred Education: Post Graduate
- Skills & Experience: At least 10 - 15 years of experience required.
- Effective strategic planning and knowledge.
- Understanding of governance and legal frameworks.
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Preferred Skills & Experience: At least 10 years in financial services with focus on credit portfolios.
- Bi-lingual – Any of the following additional languages: English, French, Portuguese
- Business Acumen
- Reliability and Maturity
- Leading & Supervising
- Relating and Networking
- Self Development
- Purpose and Vision
The Use of this title does not indicate any limitation on your duties or job function and you may be assigned to different duties or asked to carry out additional duties from time to time.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.