We are seeking individuals who are committed to fostering a workplace culture that embraces fairness, kindness and respect towards their colleagues
- Minimum Qualification: Highschool
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: No Experience/Less than 1 year
Reports to: MEAL Senior Manager and Interim Africa Project Director
Location: Nairobi, Kenya – 2-3 days working from Nairobi Office
Salary: US $300 per month
Contract: 6 months, Part-time
Hours: 21 hours per week, worked over three days
About Malaria No More UK
Malaria has been described as the oldest killer disease in history. Even now, despite recent progress, it claims the life of a child every minute.
Malaria No More UK (MNMUK) brings proven global experience and expertise in advocacy and creative communications to the zero-malaria fight. From our locations in London, UK and Nairobi, Kenya we aim to accelerate an end to this deadly disease by:
· Securing leadership and investment globally and in the UK
· Building a powerful, united voice for the global malaria campaign to hold leaders to account
· Strengthening local advocacy capacity in key countries in Africa
Since 2000, the world has made enormous progress. The global malaria fight is becoming the biggest public health success story in history, and we are determined to maintain momentum.
Malaria No More UK is seeking a motivated Project Support Intern to join our team in Africa. You will play a vital role in supporting the efficient operation of our organisation and this will provide you with hands-on experience in various aspects of project administration and logistics. You will be part of a dynamic and collaborative work environment and given the unique opportunity to contribute to the fight against malaria.
- · Assist with general administrative tasks such as, calendar management, documentation support.
- · Overseeing the national and regional malaria calendar and keeping abreast of impending key dates and manage the organisational Outlook calendar.
- · Set up internal and external meetings, producing agendas and taking notes.
- · Assist with the production of the Zero Malaria Campaign Coalition quarterly reports.
- · Organise and manage events such as meetings, workshops and other partner sessions.
- · Liaise with and manage a variety of external suppliers including printers, designers, photographers, and other creative agencies.
- · Support in reporting and monitoring of Kenya National Campaign
- · Production of reports like Zero Malaria Campaign Coalition meeting reports.
- · Help organize and maintain office supplies and equipment.
- · Assist in monitoring inventory levels and conducting regular stock checks.
- · Participate in the planning and execution of logistics and transportation activities.
- · Maintain accurate records for administration and logistics activities.
- · Generate reports and documentation as required.
- · Communicate with internal teams and external partners to ensure a smooth flow of information.
- · Handle inquiries and provide support to team members as needed.
- · Support communications team in posting on our website and social media platforms.
- · To undertake any other reasonable additional duties as required
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- · Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- · Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- · Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook).
- · Ability to work well in a team and take initiative individually.
- · Willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges.
- · We are seeking individuals who are committed to fostering a workplace culture that embraces fairness, kindness and respect towards their colleagues
- · High awareness of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion issues and practice
- · Availability to start immediately
MNMUK recognises the value of a team in which people from diverse backgrounds can introduce fresh ideas and contribute to delivering our mission to make Malaria No More. We welcome applications from candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering statement detailing how you fit the role and why you want to work for us to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Friday 17th November 2023
Please note that this vacancy may close early if we receive a sufficient number of applications. Therefore, we encourage interested candidates to apply promptly.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.