You have a minimum of 5 years of management experience to this position (Business Development), and at least 5 years of experience within a sales function
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Our client conducts sales and marketing of Pharmaceutical and Medical devices globally. The client is seeking to recruit a Regional Business Development Manager (East Africa) on a long-term consultancy basis.
The Regional Business Development Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to drive efficient business growth and to achieve the highest levels of customers satisfaction within his/her territory. The Consultant will ensure business growth across a portfolio of women’s health pharmaceutical and medical device products. The Consultant is responsible for executing annual business/marketing plans for the region; implementing strategies for positioning, marketing, and distribution of our products; and for developing new business opportunities via portfolio and sales channel extension.
• Ensure effective implementation of business strategies to achieve territory growth targets and business objectives.
• Establish and effectively manage key distributor accounts to create strong partnerships and ensure mutually beneficial business growth is achieved, including through development of joint business and marketing plans, regular business reviews, training of distributor salesforce, and analysis of sales performance and market dynamics.
• Understand the route-to-market for each product in the portfolio and ensure distribution and marketing activities are effectively aligned to maximize sales (across public and private sector supply chains).
• Establish effective relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers from both public and private sector domains; conduct advocacy towards institutions and stakeholders
(Ministries of Health, Global NGOs, UN Agencies, Medical Stores, etc).
• Develop and implement strategies for increasing public sector and institutional (UN agency) business opportunities, including establishing relationships with local agents and tracking market data and public sector tender opportunities.
• Continuously monitor and evaluate market dynamics for each product portfolio, proactively identifying opportunities for growth.
• Work effectively in a matrix / cross-functional organization, with effective communication and collaboration across marketing, supply chain management, regulatory affairs, and quality assurance.
• Continuously monitor the market and collect market intelligence to identify trends, monitor competition, and find short and long-term opportunities in the territory.
• Contribute to new product launch plans and new product introduction when necessary for the territory.
• Prepare analysis and reports to commercial management on a regular basis.
• You have a minimum of a University Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Business Administration, Marketing, etc.).
• You have a minimum of 5 years of management experience to this position (Business Development), and at least 5 years of experience within a sales function
• You have prior experience in sales and marketing of pharmaceuticals and/or medical devices (preferably women’s health products)
• You have experience and knowledge of institutional (UN agency) and public sector procurement processes.
• You have demonstrated experience managing pharmaceutical / medical device distributors.
• You have a good track record of relationship building and management both internally and externally.
• You have demonstrated abilities to deliver results and perform well under time pressure.
• You are a good negotiator with understanding of the benefit of partnering with customers and related stakeholders and the ability to create strong relationships.
• You are proficient in MS Office, particularly MS Excel
• You are self-motivated, have a can-do attitude, and demonstrate utmost integrity in all that you do.
• You are willing and able to travel within the region (and beyond) up to 50% of the time
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.