Minimum eight (8) years of experience in Security Risk Management
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 8 years
Lady Askari is looking for a Regional Security Manager to assist the Regional Security Director in overseeing the security of clients in East Africa, particularly South Sudan, Rwanda, Kenya and Ethiopia.
The successful candidate will play an integral role in the development and implementation of security policies and procedures necessary for protecting clients and company assets. They will also be responsible for ensuring smooth operations across the company. We are looking for an experienced manager that wants a unique opportunity to grow with an international, fast growing, organization.
Travel within East Africa is expected.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Assist in Developing and implementing a regional security strategy in conjunction with the Regional Security Director and the organizational leadership team to include the creation of the following:
o Security policies and procedures
o Emergency response plan
o Communication plan
o Training schedule
o Annual security goals
● Assist in creating a security culture within the organization through continual sensitization to the security policies and procedures as well as training and drills.
● Continually assess risks in the countries of operation (particularly South Sudan, Rwanda, Ethiopia and Kenya) to ensure real-time information is available for security-related decision-making.
● Work with the Regional Security Director and country focal points to select appropriate risk mitigation measures for the risks as they present themselves in each country of operation.
● Advise on security-related matters.
o Provide up-to-date information on the security situation in the countries of operation
o Recommend resource allocations in support of security initiatives
● Exchange security information with external agencies and similar operations
● Assist Regional Security Director to monitor security performance by:
o Conducting security surveys
o Security service provider performance assessment
o Providing guidance on security oversight
● Backfill Regional Security Director if required
● Backfill for country focal points if required
● Attend meetings to determine operational needs
● Investigate and resolve internal operational security issues
● Ensure all security logistics operations are performed as per the SOP, with all documents filled and signed properly
● Assess compliance risks and develop risk management strategies to reduce and mitigate these risks
● Conduct Security Threat/Risk Assessments in-line with ISO 31000
● Minimum eight (8) years of experience in Security Risk Management
● Security Management experience in South Sudan, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Northern Kenya is an added advantage
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in Criminology or related field
● Project Management Experience
● ASIS CPP Certification or equivalent highly recommended
● Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
● Proficient in MS Office 365 and Google Suites
● An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
● Fluent in written and spoken Swahili and English. Additional languages are a plus
● Excellent Communication Skills – clarity and courtesy on phone, and email
● Female applicants are encouraged to apply
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.