Tourism and Travel Management Intern
ECO Sprew (K) Limited
Hospitality & Leisure
We are seeking an experienced Tourism and Travel Management Intern to join our team. As Tourism and travel management intern , you will be responsible for promoting traveling and touring schedules and helping to create unforgettable experiences for our guests. You will work closely with local communities, tour operators, and other stakeholders to ensure that our tourism activities are memorable while ensuring they are environmentally responsible and socially conscious.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Volunteer, internship
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
● Identifying and prepare tourism products and related reports
● Identifying tourism opportunities for Community Based Small and Medium Tourism Enterprises (SMTEs) and community-based tourism projects.
● Collecting data and information for development of tourism guide books and tourism statistics.
● Identifying suitable locations and developing enticing touring and safari products for local and international tourista.
● Develop and implement eco-tourism policies and procedures for our company.
● Collaborate with local communities and stakeholders to promote sustainable tourism practices.
● Develop and manage eco-tourism programs, including tours, activities, and accommodations.
● Promote eco-tourism through marketing, advertising, and public relations efforts.
● Monitor and report on the environmental impact of our tourism activities.
● Ensure compliance with local and international environmental regulations.
● Conduct research on sustainable tourism practices and provide guidance to our guests.
● Train and educate our staff and guests on sustainable tourism practices.
● Maintain relationships with local tour operators and suppliers to ensure their adherence to our eco-tourism policies.
● Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Tourism Management, or related field.
● Strong knowledge of environmental regulations and policies related to tourism.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
● Willingness to travel and work flexible hours.
● Proficiency in MS Office Applications (e.g., word, excel, PowerPoint, etc).
If you have a passion for sustainable tourism and want to make a positive impact on the environment and local communities, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
• In accordance with the ECO SPREW Internship policy, ECO SPREW interns are eligible to receive a monthly stipend, with the rate that varies depending on the duty location. The stipend will be paid monthly, and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
• Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, ECO SPREW will, subject to the rules of such institution, government or a third party, pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable ECO SPREW stipend.
• Except for the stipend, all other expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring government or institutions.
• Interns are not considered staff members and may not represent ECO SPREW in any official capacity;
• Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of their internship with ECO SPREW and must provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. ECO SPREW will not reimburse the medical insurance of the intern. Any costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern.
• The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with ECO SPREW, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
• ECO SPREW accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
• The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
• Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in ECO SPREW during the period of the internship;
• The intern must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan;
• You are expected to work full time, but flexibility is allowed for your education programme;
• Eligibility for residency and undertaking internship in Kenya;
• The intern will have to make his/her own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation etc.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured