Demand Planner – Distribution
Corporate Staffing Services Ltd
Understanding economic factors affecting demand and supply of commodities
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
Position: Demand Planner – Distribution,
Gross Salary: Competitive,
Our client is an established Distribution company. They seek to hire a Marketing & Sales Analyst who will ensure quality and timely sourcing and pricing of commodities in the most cost effective manner while adhering to laid down policies and procedures for the company.
Analytical approach to sales and sourcing
• Understanding economic factors affecting demand and supply of commodities.
• Analyzing import data to understand market trends – origins, pricing, local logistics, lead times.
• Gather market information from sales team.
• Identifying trends in the market – global and local by analyzing raw material costs and how it impacts overall sourcing.
• Assist the business in solving qualitative and quantitative sourcing issues.
• Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products
• Be in direct contact with HQ on souring related issues, GIT updates and developing strategies to improve lead times from origin.
• Developing forecast plans for all products based on historic data as well as global trends.
• Developing pricing strategies that minimize losses and maximize profits taking into account interest, fx and other factors
• Developing cost structures/templates to best understand how the business can achieve our results
• Developing of budgets forecasts
• Analyzing product cost and recommending changes
Support in the import and export process
• Planning, documentation and processing of cost for imports.
• Planning, documentation and processing of cost for exports.
• Sales support for exports & back to back orders
Support in ERP implementation – not a requirement but a PLUS
• Experience with Microsoft 365 dynamics
• Assisting in validation of business requirements for Supply chain management and Finance
• Supporting in Supply chain process optimization
• Conducting User Acceptance Testing for supply chain, inventory management, warehouse management and finance related topics
• Providing requirements for Business intelligence reports to optimize supply chain + procurement processes
• Degree/ Diploma in Business Management, Statistics, Actuarial Science or another relevant field.
• Over 4 years of experience in the same or related role.
• Preferably have Manufacturing /FMCG experience
• Experience working as a demand planner or similar role.
• Demonstrated knowledge of demand planning philosophies and processes as well as a proven track record.
• Experienced in Advance Excel and systems in general (ERP)
• Import requirements (will be a plus) - Import process – documentation, costings etc.
• Export process – documentation, costings etc.
• Knowledge in commodity pricing and demand.
• Good data gathering and analysis skills.
• Knowledge of market survey process.
• Knowledge of imports, purchasing principles and practices.
• Knowledge of local laws, regulations and policies governing imports and exports.
• Ability to organize receipts, documents, and information from multiple sources.
• Systematic and methodological thinking.
• Commercial acumen
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Demand Planner – Distribution) before 31st May 2023
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured