● Identify, develop and manage company product portfolio in the export region to increase sales targets and business growth;
● Develop, plan and implement route to market for each market to deliver effective availability and visibility of products to retail point of sale;
● Monitor and achieve monthly export sales as per set target;
● Evaluate the competitive and economic environment as well as consumer trends in the various export markets in order to determine viability and gaps;
● Formulate and implement penetration strategies to grow sales in the export market;
● Identify opportunities for new business prospecting to drive growth within existing and new export markets;
● Develop, plan and implement promotional and trade activities in exports market in conjunction with marketing staff;
● Maintain and build good trade relationships with distributors, existing customers and potential customers alike;
● Manage key distributors outside Kenya and set sustainable and effective distribution network in the region to enhance visibility;
● Ensure proper and precautionary methods are observed in handling and storing of goods at the various distribution points;
● Gather and provide market intelligence in all the export markets and prepare monthly export sales reports;
● Observe the company environmental health and safety policies and procedures to ensure own health and safety and safety of others persons under your section;
● Perform any other duty as may be assigned by your supervisor;
● Maintain all company distributors for all assigned territories and perform regular visits to all sites and provide required training to all staff and forecast all sales volume for various projects and maintain knowledge on all product ranges;
● Collaborate with marketing departments to analyze all market activities and manage all communication with technical departments and perform various tests in products and ensure optimal quality of all products and design all export market rules and regulations to mitigate all risks.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
● Proven sales track record.
● Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into sales opportunities
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Self-motivated and self-directed
● Ability to prepare and present quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects
● Minimum 4-6 years’ working experience within Business Development/New Business with a background in sales, management, customer service, finance, administration, or related field .Experience in FMCG Industry (African Markets) would be preferable.
● Educated to degree level in business, economics, finance or related field/MBA preferable.
● Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
● Fluent communication in English, Swahili and French (added advantage)
● Self-starter who is target-driven and motivated – must be comfortable in a target
● Excellent time management, an individual who thrives on working autonomously