Intern Urban Resilience Programme Support, I
Product & Project Management
Under the overall supervision of the Human Settlements Officer (HSO) at the Regional Office for Africa, and in collaboration with the Urban Resilience Programme Specialists of the team, the Urban Resilience Programme Support Intern will: Familiarize him/herself with UN-Habitat’s mandate and the tools developed.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Volunteer, internship
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background, the interns' assigned office as well as the internship period.
- Under the overall supervision of the Human Settlements Officer (HSO) at the Regional Office for Africa, and in collaboration with the Urban Resilience Programme Specialists of the team, the Urban Resilience Programme Support Intern will:
- Familiarize him/herself with UN-Habitat’s mandate and the tools developed.
- Support the City Resilience Action Planning (CityRAP) Tool implementation in various secondary cities.
- Support for the organization of events and conferences in terms of content creation, logistics, etc.
- Support the development of new projects and fund-raising proposals, and undertaking research regarding urban resilience, climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction.
- Perform other tasks as needed, including but not limited to note taking, drafting minutes, translations, attendance to meetings.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with Bachelor's degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office).
- Have demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes a willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred areas of studies:
- Urban or Town Planning, Architecture, Social Science, Economics, Geography, International Development or any other related field of study.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Interest in the thematic of urban resilience and motivation to work in the sub-Saharan Africa region is required.
- Experience in communications, writing, graphic design and proficiency in computer software applications is desirable.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured