Job Title: Medical Secretary
Main Duties and Responsibilities: -
1. Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments and medical consultation.
2. Interview patients in order to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms and or preauthorization forms
3. Receive patients and prepare patients for radiological examinations.
4. Handle patients’ and clients ‘queries and complaints via phone, email and general correspondence.
5. Maintain medical records and ensure a proper record keeping of correspondence files
6. Perform various clerical and administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
7. Compile and record medical reports, and correspondence, using a personal computer for the Radiologist.
8. Filing patients reports in an appropriate manner
9. Managing patients’ databases
10. Dispatching patient’s reports.
• Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Equivalent course
• Minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute
• Well conversant with Microsoft office (especially word and excel) and to work with PDF documents
• Should have at least one-year experience of working in a busy radiology department as a medical secretary
• Should have excellent and sufficient medical parlance
How to Apply
• Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications on or before 27th October, 2020 at 5.00 pm.
• Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
• Short listed candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.