Program Coordination , Land and Climate change Consultant
Product & Project Management
Coordinate community of practice (CoP) meetings and external communication of CoP activities and outputs. Regional communication of deliverables and knowledge exchange Monitoring alignment of UNH projects with the section’s key mandates
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
Under the shared supervision of UN-Habitat’s Land, Housing and Shelter Section and GLTN Secretariat, the consultant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Coordinate community of practice (CoP) meetings and external communication of CoP activities and outputs.
- Regional communication of deliverables and knowledge exchange
- Monitoring alignment of UNH projects with the section’s key mandates
- Reporting of the LHSS results and deliverables in accordance with the UNH Strategic Plan
Land and Climate Change analysis
- Analyze global activities and stakeholders on Land and Climate Change
- Establish and coordinate an expert group on Land and Climate Change within the GLTN
- Research of funding opportunities of Sections work on Land and Climate Change
Cooperate with Human Rights Council (HCR)
- Preparation and follow up of UNH/ Section Chief’s participation in HCR meetings
- Outline UNH’s contribution to key areas of intervention extracted from Universal Periodic Reviews (UPR)
- Facilitate exchange to UPR with regional and country offices.
Facilitate Land and Housing cooperation
- Outlining interrelation of the LHSS work on land and provision of key mandate (right to adequate housing)
- Extract integrated methodologies from section programs for future facilitation of collaborative outputs on Land and Housing
- Define current gaps and future funding opportunities in provision of key mandate
- An advanced university degree (master’s or equivalent) in Architecture, Urban Development, Housing Studies and Planning or related fields is required. A first level degree in any related fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree in the specified fields of studies.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience related to land tenure, climate change issues and settlement development in different regional contexts is required.
- Previous working experience with NGOs, government institutions, disadvantaged communities, international organization is desirable.
- Practical experience interrelating architectural planning or development work with sustainability and climate change intervention is an advantage.
- Experience on research, technical report writing, project coordination, event and knowledge management is desirable.
- Multi-stakeholder work including participatory processes in rural and urban contexts is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consultancy, fluency in oral and written English is required. Additional knowledge of international languages in LHS Project areas such as Spanish or Kiswahili is desirable.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured