Business Development Manager
Management & Business Development
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a relevant field. Minimum of 7 years work experience in a similar role.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
Our client is looking for a Business Development Manager to ensure their organization obtains better brand recognition and growth. We look for dynamic, creative and quick-witted individuals who are eager to bring in their diverse perspectives and experiences to work. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the founding team of a startup that is disrupting the insurance space in Kenya.
Who We Are
Our client is an Insurtech company with an all-in-one platform that is supported by the latest technology. The platform helps insurance experts to sell, buy and distribute motor insurance products in the most efficient and safest ways.
Our vision is to redefine the insurance distribution system by building a No.1 platform where anyone can easily purchase and sell insurance products in Africa.
The Business Development Manager’s overall purpose is to contribute innovative ideas to the company and its future growth within the industry.
The job holder is expected to demonstrate commitment and loyalty and perform all duties in accordance with the organization’s office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
The successful candidate will be ideally required to start as soon as possible.
Duties and responsibilities
● Have a good understanding of the businesses' products and services and be able to advise prospective clients about them.
● Understand the needs of customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these needs.
● Keep management updated on progress, by providing accurate forecasting of anticipated sales and KPI targets. Include proposals submitted, proposals in progress but not yet submitted, and identified opportunities that have yet to reach the proposal stage.
● Think strategically - see the bigger picture and set aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business.
● Work strategically - carry out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes.
● Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets.
● Foster and develop relationships with customers/clients.
● Attend face-to-face meetings with clients.
● Keep in touch with potential clients seeking information on the products and services the company provides.
● Communicate new product developments to prospective clients and provide the management with feedback.
● Train members of your team, arrange external training where appropriate.
Requirements for the role
● Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a relevant field.
● Minimum of 7 years work experience in a similar role.
● Proven work experience as a business development lead/manager or sales lead.
● Proven sales track record.
● Extensive knowledge of the Insurance market.
● Experience in customer support is a plus.
● Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets.
● An excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates.
● Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients.
● Written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills.
● IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets, MS Office and CRM software.
● A collaborative approach to work- the ability to work with a team.
● Ability to manage and lead a team.
● Decision-making, negotiation and organizational skills.
● The successful candidate must have the ability to multitask and prioritize their workload, think strategically, build a rapport with clients, analyze sales figures and write reports and motivate themselves to set their own goals.
● The candidate must also have a flexible approach to work, with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
How to Apply
Excited to work with us? Send an application with a detailed CV via the 'apply now' Clearly state the job title on the subject heading.
Working with our client
Our client has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to dream big and set ambitious goals for their growth. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us better able to deliver customer-centered quality. We work hard but we also have a lot of fun together.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured