Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Business Administration/Management, Economics, and Marketing, or any related areas.
- Minimum Qualification: Masters
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Hand in Hand Eastern Africa (HiH EA) is a Non-governmental Organization that has facilitated creation and development of 0ver 350,000 enterprise for the last 10 years. HiH EA is part of the Hand in Hand global network whose common mission is to alleviate poverty through enterprise creation. HiH EA is seeking to grow these micro- enterprises to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to enable the entrepreneurs earn more profits and enhance their ability to meet high market demand of their products without being inhibited by their limited technical knowledge or capital.
The effort will be to raise their income in both agricultural and non-agricultural enterprises by enabling producers to compete with the best in the market through commercially oriented agriculture, improving market access through better marketing, improving value through branding their products and in the end provide choice basic manufactured produces for Kenya and the wider Eastern Africa Market. In this response, HiH EA has set up a Social Enterprise for business development support services to incubate and grow both HiH EA and many enterprises that are being set up in Kenya.
HiH EA is looking for dynamic and talented personnel to drive the business development of this social enterprise to enhance wealth creation for the emerging entrepreneur as is envisaged in Vision 2030. The jobholder will be responsible for improvement of efficiency and effectiveness of enterprises through research and development leading to competitiveness within Eastern Africa without restrictions. The jobholder is also expected to work with the emerging enterprises to build business cases that attract investors in Agro-processing industry targeting local and international markets.
Hand in Hand Eastern Africa seeks to fill the below vacancy.
SUMMARY BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATIONS. REF.NO: HEA BDM -01/2023 (1) POST
The position is responsible for overseeing social enterprise growth, by exploring business growth lines, translating them into business, prospecting for new partners, develop winning proposals and pitch decks, negotiating contract terms and effective communication with stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the business sector and systematically gather information about business lines that translate into profits.
- Provide leadership and accountability in Business scoping, development and management.
- Lead the development, implementation and periodic review of cash flows and profit margins targets.
- Spearhead the development, implementation and periodic review of innovative and research based business plans.
- Support the development of the Social enterprise function annual budgets, and manage its utilization and monitoring.
- Ensure prudent use of resources entrusted to the unit.
- Provide overall technical support and advice on social enterprise function to HiH EA organization.
- Keep abreast with knowledge in business development practices, market development and industry trends locally and globally and advice management accordingly.
- Identify and develop, nurture and maintain strong and profitable ventures with new and potential clients.
- Build an active database of clientele and profitable partners.
- Prepare and present pitch decks in relevant forums or to key clients.
- Maintain a network of peers and professional contacts for exchange of ideas and information.
- Maintain good public relations and promote voice and visibility on the Social enterprise.
- Ensure effective supervision of staff including support in recruitment, coaching and mentoring, performance management, and timely handling of grievance and disciplinary issues.
- Proactively employ practices that lead to staff motivation and retention, and provide for succession plans.
- Proactively mentor and support team members as a way of building a pipeline of talent in the organization.
- Conduct annual appraisal for professional staff in the unit.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Business Administration/Management, Economics, and Marketing, or any related areas.
- Post graduate training in Project Management, Public Relations or Communications is an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years demonstrated experience in active business management and or trade sector.
- Ability to identify, build and maintain strong networks for business
- Self-directed, dynamic, innovative, and highly motivated individual with strong leadership and management skills, and demonstrated ability to build, nurture and direct team.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, and develop and maintain constructive relationships and profitable networks.
- Excellent analytical and detail-oriented individual with extensive experience in research, surveys and data management.
- Strong communication skills (both written and spoken English and Kiswahili), and strong presentation and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office Suite and relevant computer application packages
- Strong performance drive, initiative and commitment to results.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity both at individual and team environment.
Qualified and interested candidates should forward a cover letter and CV, citing the Position and Reference Number to HiH-EA via Brighter Monday on or before close of business by 17 th November,2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.