Chief of Section, Content Production (4 months), P5 at United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Marketing & Communications
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, communication or organizational management, marketing, advertising, computer or information systems or related area.
- Minimum Qualification:Masters
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
- Planning, monitoring, and assessment:
- Plan, monitor, and assess the Section's work, including outsourced work, in the context of the Division's project commitments to UNEP's Programme of Work and its Medium-Term Strategy.
- Manage and oversee the section which consists of an editorial unit (production of web stories and editing of publications), a design unit (for digital and printed media, including publications), a multimedia unit (videos, photos, audio), and a publishing unit (coordination of all UNEP publications).
- Manage the section’s financial and other resources, including the procurement of goods and services, in accordance with the Organization’s policies, procedures, regulations and rules.
- Strategy and innovation: Provide overall strategic direction to the work of the section, with appropriate strategic framing for the requirements of the section’s clients, underpinned by a sustained innovation strategy that delivers the mandate of the section at the cutting edge of associated industry practices, techniques, technologies, and approaches.
- Executive editor, publisher, and producer: Under the Director’s delegated authority, fulfill the functions of executive editor, publisher (including e-publishing), and producer, accountable for the cost and quality control of the Organization’s relevant communication collaterals.
- Resource mobilization: Mobilize and manage resources for the Section and for the Division.
- Reporting and communication: Ensure timely and comprehensive reporting and documentation as per client, Division, corporate, and donor requirements.
- Resource scheduling: Establish and maintain effective and efficient resource scheduling and workflow management systems and processes for the Section.
- Content and traffic coordination: Coordinate the section’s throughput, optimizing the systems and processes required to absorb client and project inputs and deliver client and project outputs, including sound relationship management.
- Leads team members efforts to collect and analyze data and provides insight to identify trends or patterns for data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting. Ensures that everyone can discover, access, integrate and share the data they need.
- Perform any other relevant duties.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of policies and procedures for the creation and maintenance of communication collaterals that ensures a stable and effective systems environment. Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability. Demonstrated ability to handle complex business process and information integration issues. Extensive theoretical background and experience in communications and information management and technologies. Ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- LEADERSHIP: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow. Empowers others to translate vision into results. Is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives. Establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support. Anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions. Drives for change and improvement; does not accept the status quo. Shows the courage to take unpopular stands. Provides leadership and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work; demonstrates knowledge of strategies and commitment to the goal of gender balance in staffing.
- JUDGEMENT/DECISION MAKING: Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly. Gathers relevant information before making a decision. Considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them. Takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the Organization. Proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information. Checks assumptions against facts. Determines that the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision. Makes tough decisions when necessary.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, communication or organizational management, marketing, advertising, computer or information systems or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in communication, media production, publishing, or related field is required.
- Experience in senior editorial management for a top-tier media, publishing outlet or international organization is desirable.
- Experience with digital publishing in different digital formats including pdf, EPUB, XML, mobi, or similar, is desirable.
- Experience working in a science or environmental organization is desirable.
- Experience managing a team in a multi-cultural environment is desirable.
- Experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured