Energy Program Manager at Mercy Corps
Product & Project Management
Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Business, Economics, Finance, or related degree. MA/S is advantageous.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
The program manager will be a senior member of the Mercy Corps - Energy 4 Impact programs and advisory team and will oversee the planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and reporting of specific projects for which he/she is responsible. He/she will also provide energy engineering advice to country programs and consultancy services to our SME clients, including solar PV system companies, mini-grid developers and productive use businesses.
- Provide technical and managerial support to team members towards project delivery and professional development.
- Be a champion for the mission, vision and values of Mercy Corps.
- Promote and encourage a transparent, cohesive and ethical work culture.
- Manage the implementation of project activities according to the objectives, indicators, work plan and approved budget including, staffing, budgeting and internal/external reporting
- Ensure regular and proper project documentation and reporting according to donor and Mercy Corps standards, rules & regulations
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders including local partners, county governments, private sector firms, NGOs, financial institutions, potential donors and other institutional and research partners
- Provide technical support to team members and ensure compliance with Mercy Corps policies and procedures
- Provide technical advice to early and later stage SMEs, including stand-alone solar appliance suppliers, mini-grid developers, solar home system companies and others.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Business, Economics, Finance, or related degree. MA/S is advantageous.
- At least 5 – 7 years’ experience implementing donor funded projects
- Experience working with small businesses and/or energy SMEs and/or an understanding of renewable energy technologies and business models
- Experience in project development, financing, operation and maintenance of distributed solar energy systems
- Excellent organisation and project management skills. Ability to manage multiple programmes and client engagements, meet deadlines and allocate resources effectively
- Strong financial management skills with proven experience managing large budgets.
- Strong skills in developing accurate and timely reports to donors.
- High level of interpersonal skills and comfortable collaborating with senior level colleagues, SMEs, public agencies, and other stakeholders. Track record managing a diverse mix of professionals and different cultures.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written, and good oral presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively represent Mercy Corps and its interests to key stakeholders; proven ability to develop partnerships and effective relationships with industry stakeholders including SMEs, investors, donors, and other stakeholders.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured