Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a business related field.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Gross Salary: Kshs 80-100K
Our client is a local paint manufacturing company. They seek to hire a Human Resource Manager who will provide advice and support to managers on the HR aspect within the business and also support with the administrative functions as well.
- Develop and implement a HR strategy in consultation with the Managing Director.
- Advice management and employees on HR issues and policies; mandatory procedures, staff handbook and local laws Take lead in the review and development of HR.
- Provide leadership and manage the HR business processes (recruitment; orientation; performance management; staff leave and medical; staff reward; benefits etc.) while ensuring that HR systems are up to date and functioning
- Prepare Human Resource Forecasts in consultation with Departmental heads or managers, scoping and justification of proposed and existing roles in the business strategy by recommending optimal staff establishment.
- Design Human Resources plans to bridge staffing gaps and deal with surplus capacity through coordination of recruitment, selection and placement of staff as per the approved work force plans.
- Administer the implementation of health and safety policies and processes and ensure continuous staff education on health and safety activities to ensure security and safety of the company and its employees.
- Advice departmental heads or managers on the staff turnover and propose measures for talent retention.
- Advice staff and managers on application of performance management system, refresher trainings, advise on managing poor performance and linking performance review to annual increments and learning and development initiatives
- Support in establishing the skill gaps within Business and facilitate training needs analysis.
- Facilitate the preparation of job descriptions for new roles; ensure that the job roles and KPIs are well defined.
- With the senior management team and line managers ensure that performance management is implemented effectively.
- Drive the organizational culture initiatives.
- Supporting and advising the Business Units on the opportunities for improvement of employee relations.
- Compensation management and manage the annual pay and benefits review process in compliance with legal requirements and human resource policy.
- In liaison with the Departmental heads, ensure that leave plans are in place and are adhered to.
- Legal responsibility relating to areas of Labour Law, Tax Laws, Social Insurance Law, etc.
- Champion and enforce Labour laws as constituted within the country and the company’s Policies.
- Support with creation, implementation and interpretation of the policies and procedures and assess compliance by all employees within the organization.
- Take lead and play advisory roles in disciplinary procedures and grievances including conducting investigations
- Work on Staff Welfare Program
- Support line managers through change management and restructuring processes
- Provide HR monthly and annual reports plus any that may be required by the Managing Director.
- Frequently support and advise on Human Resources challenges and issues facing the managers or departmental heads.
- Support in administrative function.
- Manage special HR projects initiated by HQ as and when need arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a business
- A postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource
Management is an added advantage.
- Professional membership (IHRMK Membership) and CHRP Certification
is a must.
- At least 5 years of experience in a busy HR environment with three
years in management.
- Experience in manufacturing set up will be desirable.
· Must be well conversant with the labor laws and ethical HR practices.
- Strong leadership, managerial skills and ability to influence decisions at an executive level.
- Relationship management and strong communications skills.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels who represent a variety of diverse backgrounds.
- Problem Solving skills.
- Excellent time management
- People Management skills
- Report writing, presentation Skills
- Analytical skills, detail oriented and swift in action
- Candidates who can join immediately encouraged to apply
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Human Resource Manager) before 13th December 2022.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.