Human Resources Officer
University Degree in Human Resources Management, Business or Public Administration, Law, Social Sciences related to Human resources or related field, from an accredited/recognized Institution
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
Description Of Duties
- Provide HR policy advisory services to managers and staff, and advise on interpretation and application of HR Policies, Regulations and Rules to guide Management actions and decisions
- Coordinate HR services delivery within the WCO; manage and supervise the HR function ensuring that the HR Unit functions efficiently and effectively; build the capacity of the HR team to respond timely and professionally to the HR needs of managers and staff members
- Participate and provide support to Programme Managers in the preparation of HR Plans and Budgets, and manage the implementation of approved HR Plans to support normal Country Office operations as well as emergency preparedness, response and recovery activities within allocated timeframes and budgets. Provide HR inputs in the programme and WCO Programme Budget development processes.
- .Coordinate all position management actions including reviewing and validating of Post Descriptions, creation/establishment of new positions and update of existing positions in the HR Plan; ensuring positions are classified/revised/reclassified as appropriate and made ready for appointment or reassignment;
- Manage the recruitment, selection, pre-boarding and on-boarding processes for staff, consultants, Special Service Agreement, interns, etc., through Stellis, in a transparent and competitive manner, leading to timely sourcing, selection and placement of required talent.
- For WCO needs and under the supervision of the OO and the WR, coordinate with the Regional Office the sourcing and outreach efforts, roster management, targeted sourcing, use of stand-by partners, technical networks, NGOs, UNVs and FMTs;
- Ensuring speedy deployment of the right staff and international responders, in the right place, at the right time.
- Provide orientation and induction support for all new employees, ensuring that they receive the needed assistance to settle down to their jobs; oversee completion of mandatory trainings.
- Brief new employees on their benefits and entitlements based on their contractual status.
- Coordinate the administration of staff contracts by initiating relevant HRAPs in GSM for timely contract extensions/renewals or separations; manage all aspects of separation formalities to ensure that separated staff members are paid their final entitlements and pension benefits timely.
- Provide regular information and briefings to staff on amendments and updates to the Organization's Policies, Rules and Regulations governing contractual relationships, terms and conditions of service as well as salaries, benefits and entitlements.
- Advise staff on HR issues offered by Global Management System (GSM), and support them to initiate and submit their Self-Service transactions to update their personal and family status in order to access their entitlements.
Conduct training and build the capacity of staff members in the use GSM for HR Self-Service processes.
- .Provide guidance and ensure compliance across the office in the implementation of the Performance Management and Development System (PMDS).
- .Act as Learning Focal Point (LFP) by coordinating the implementation of the Staff Learning and Development initiatives. Provide information and analysis of WCO's training and learning needs, facilitate local training and participation of staff in the Regional training activities.
- .Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Essential: University Degree in Human Resources Management, Business or Public Administration, Law, Social Sciences related to Human resources or related field, from an accredited/recognized Institution
Desirable: Advanced University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration.
Essential: At least two (2) years' relevant experience in human resources management and administration, at the national and international level. Demonstrated experience in the operational application of human resources management policies and practices, selection and recruitment, and the administration of benefits and entitlements is essential
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured