Org. Setting and Reporting Responsibilities
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background, the intern's assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the supporting supervision of the Chief, Talent Acquisition Unit and delegated Human Resources Assistant, the intern will:
- Record relevant data related to recruitment process in iNeed and maintain iNeed's tickets up to date.
- Support with the implementation of SharePoint transfer of documents.
- Upload and arrange all documents.
- Support in developing workflows and procedures related to staff recruitment.
- Create reports and other documentation on staff recruitment.
- Provide support with the preparation, delivery, and follow up on different activities.
- Provide data periodically from iNeed regarding staff recruitment.
- Update promptly, the documents and excel sheet in Teams for the RCS.
- Participate in designing and improving archives and records keeping for staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing othersâ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be âclientsâ and seeks to see things from clientsâ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clientsâ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clientsâ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Applicants must at the time of application, meet one of the following requirements:
a.Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher),
b.Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent),
c.Have graduated with Bachelor's degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent.
Be computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office).
Have demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes a willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred areas of study:
Information Sciences, Human Resources or related field is required.
Work Experience Languages
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship position, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
Potential candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager directly for further consideration.
Your application for this internship must include:
1.A completed application (Personal History Profile) and Cover Note, through the UN careers Portal. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Title of the degree you are currently pursuing.
- Graduation Date.
- IT skills and programmes you are proficient in.
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme, ensure to include all past work experience (if any).
2.Proof of enrollment from current University (if not graduated).
3.A copy of degree certificate (if you have already graduated).
Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
United Nations Considerations No Fee
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTSâ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.