Regional Grants and Contracts Manager at International Potato Center
Product & Project Management
Master’s degree in international relations, Business Administration, Law, Operations or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum Qualification:Masters
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Manage the SSA regional portfolio of awards (donor, prime, sub recipient) as G&C contact point, acting as representative of the G&C HQ unit, in coordination with SSA Regional Director, Program Leaders, Principal Investigators (PI), and Regional Staff.
- Manage the Asia portfolio of awards (with main focus on projects based in India) as G&C contact point.
- Responsible for reviewing, negotiating and approval for signature (as defined in the Delegation of Authority – DoA) of donor/prime agreements.
- Responsible for drafting, negotiating and approval for signature (as defined in the DoA) of subrecipient agreements and project-related collaboration agreements or MoUs.
- Conduct change management of transactions that require a modification to donor or subrecipient awards.
- Support technical and financial reporting function ensuring timely follow up with SSA/Asia PIs and Finance staff on submission deadlines and response to donor queries.
- Participate in project life cycle reviews and meetings (Start up and Close-out Meetings).
- Support the Unit Head in the provision of contractual input at pre-award phase of project life cycle.
- Maintain up-to-date database and repository of SSA/Asia regional signed awards, project related MoUs and communications in OCS and/or Knowledge Management G&C public and internal sites and PMU Project sites in coordination with G&C System Officer in HQ.
G&C management responsibilities:
- Supervise the Regional G&C staff (e.g. Analyst) based in SSA by organizing and monitoring work and providing ongoing people management, development, recruitment and retention strategies.
- Participate and support in development of institutional policies, guidance documents and procedures.
- Participate and support global and regional initiatives to build capacities and train CIP regional and field staff (as well as subgrantees) on grants and contract compliance and donor’s requirements.
- Participate of One CGIAR Community of Practice and taskforces around G&C topics and procedures.
- Participate in organization wide activities and represent G&C at various meetings or events.
- Comply with applicable health and safety CIP policies and procedures.
What are we looking for?
- Master’s degree in international relations, Business Administration, Law, Operations or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 8 years of demonstrated experience in grants and contracts management, with at least 2 years working on multinational development organizations, at a global scale (USAID and/or GIZ experience preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of current best practices in grants and contracts management.
- Project Management for Development certification preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID and other donors’ rules and regulations pertaining to grants and contracts management.
- Fluent in official language according to country location.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of French language is desirable
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured