Deliver the day to day People Operations activities including onboarding, offboarding, contracting and planning for training & development
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
What you will be doing
- Deliver the day to day People Operations activities including onboarding, offboarding, contracting and planning for training & development.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and retention
- Execute the performance management process
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes.
- Administer and track compensation and benefit plans including health care, retirement etc.
- Assist in the development and implementation of human resource policies.
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form.
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly and organizing engagement and culture initiatives.
- Provide support in payroll preparation by ensuring all statutory documentation is in place by providing relevant data (joining date, compensation, leaves, etc)
- Support departments in the set up of offsite retreats/activities that increase employee engagement and/or productivity.
- Provide support to employees in various People Operations-related topics such as policies, leaves and benefits.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics.
- Organize, maintain and update employee HRIS information as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
What you need to have to be successful
- 3+ years experience in a similar full-time role in a busy start up or innovative organization that cares deeply about people development.
- A Bachelor’s degree in HR/Business or a related field (additional HR training or experience is a plus).
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and strong work ethics.
- Basic knowledge of HR procedures and policies.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, G-Suite and you are comfortable learning new technical systems as needed.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a resourceful mindset
- Ability to handle difficult situations with the highest standards of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Growth potential: With an untapped market of 1.5 billion smallholders worldwide, on track to doubling the number of farmers insured in 2021 and Pula’s global leadership in Agriculture Insurance, the Commercial Director has a tremendous upside growth potential.
- Market Leader: Not only is the opportunity massive, but Pula is by far the market leader in it’s category with 5.3m farmers insured as at the end of 2021.
- Solid: Pula has been funded by leading venture capital investors (Omidyar Network, ACCION, MercyCorps) and global philanthropic institutions (MasterCard Foundation, CGAP/World Bank as well as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation). Pula closed a $6m series A funding in December 2020 in the right in middle of the pandemic a clear testimony of the opportunity that Pula is going after.
- Respected: Winner of the Singapore FinTech Festival 2019, Winner of The InsureTech of the Award, Africa. Featured on TED talks, The New York Times, The Economist.
- Impact and creation: This is a high-impact role, reporting to the CEO and Co-Founder, that offers a unique opportunity to bring the company to the next level, whilst developing new strategies, approaches and ideas.
- Leadership: The founders & CEO foster a culture of transparency, respect, high performance, pragmatism, execution and personal development.
- Purpose: It is rare to find a professional opportunity that offers accelerated professional development and a life purpose. Pula is going through a second phase of accelerated growth that will naturally provide professional development, whilst contributing to the financial stability of small farmers in the emerging markets.
- Remuneration: Competitive base salary accordingly with seniority and experience, commission on closed sales and an employee share option plan that offers an attractive equity upside
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured