Senior Human Resources Assistant, G7 at United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)
A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible work experience in human resources management, personnel administrative services or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced by two years for candidates who possess a first level University degree.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
This post is located in the Human Resources Management Service (HRMS) within the Division of Administrative Services of the United Nations Office at Nairobi and reports to the HR Officer in the Staff Entitlements and Benefits Section. The Senior Human Resources Assistant reports to the Human Resources Officer and will be responsible for the following duties:
ADMINISTRATION OF ENTITLEMENTS:
- Supervises and supports maintenance of Umoja entitlements reference tables.
- Reviews and processes data pertaining to conditions of service.
- Administers benefits and entitlements of staff, and reviews staff members' eligibility for entitlements and benefits within the Staff Rules and regulations; determines entitlements and reviews, analyzes and documents cases requiring exceptional treatment for the approving authority.
- Administer and monitor contractual status of staff, including relevant actions regarding appointments, extensions, transfers, reassignments, loans or secondment of staff, analyzing recommendations regarding changes in contractual status, determining status and entitlements of such staff and drafting related correspondence and following up with phone call.
- Supports the HR Officer for respective Unit with coordination of reports, statistical info and actions required in support of special exercises and ad hoc cleanup activities required for the unit as a whole.
- Guides and mentors junior staff on entitlements and benefits processing in Umoja.
- Takes the lead on knowledge sharing of updates, new policies and practices in the UN HR community.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Other duties as may be required.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of human resources policies, procedures and practices and ability to interpret and apply them in an organizational setting. Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps. The ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors' commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplemental training in human resources, administration or related area is required.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible work experience in human resources management, personnel administrative services or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced by two years for candidates who possess a first level University degree.
- Six (6) years is in a busy HR staff administration environment in an International Organization is desirable.
- Experience in processing and troubleshooting personnel transactions in Enterprise Resource Planning System and or SAP (Systems Applications and Products) is required.
- Experience in handling complicated staff entitlement and benefits cases and application of HR Staff Rules in an International Organization is desirable.
- Experience in supervising, leading or mentoring team members is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured