Campus Assistant Registrar at Mount Kenya University
Admin & Office
Must possess a Degree in Business/ Statistics/ Computer/ Education Related Studies or any other relevant field.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Education, Skill, and Experience
- Must possess a Degree in Business/ Statistics/ Computer/ Education Related Studies or any other relevant field.
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience in Grade 8 in MKU or at a comparable position in any other organization.
- Must be Computer Literate with high computer application skills.
Key responsibilities also include
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consolidation of workload allocations
- Work in collaboration with schools and departments to ensure the staff and students’ workload allocations are well documented using the University standard templates and communicated appropriately.
Monitor the quality of the workload allocation continuously, with regard to the following measures, and report to the Campus Management for information and appropriate action:
- Programmes Viability
- Academic Sustainability Targets
- Staff Workload Allocation policy
- Students Workload Allocation Requirements
- Preparation of Teaching and Examination Timetables
- Work in collaboration with schools and departments to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective timetables.
- Allocate available rooms and resources appropriately and efficiently for both teaching and non-teaching activities at the Campus.
- Ensure that all draft and final teaching timetables are clearly communicated to the respective stakeholders.
- Liaise with the University Timetabler on all matters pertaining to draft and final examination timetables and communicate the same appropriately to staff and students.
- Ensure that all feedback received from staff and students is fully considered, effected, and communicated appropriately to the concerned stakeholders.
- Monitor the utilization of teaching and learning facilities regularly and report to the Campus Management, for information and appropriate action.
- Monitoring of Teaching for Face-to-Face Classes
- Preparation of physical monitoring of teaching registers: Lecturers’ Clock-In/Out Register and Lectures Physical Check Register.
- Administration of the lecturers’ clocking-in and out registers to teaching staff.
- Administration of biometric devices to capture lecturers’ and students’ daily class attendance data.
- Updating the daily lecturers’ and students’ class attendance data in the respective reports and communicating the same appropriately.
- Monitoring of Teaching for Online Classes
- Preparation of monitoring of teaching schedules as per the teaching timetable.
- Creation of online classes using the Microsoft Teams platform or any other University approved platform, as guided by the monitoring of teaching schedules.
- Monitoring of teaching for the online classes per session to verify that the lecturers log in and teach, the class is recorded and links uploaded to the class portals, and students’ class attendance sheets are generated and stored well.
- Updating daily lecturers’ and students’ class attendance data for online classes in the respective reports and communicating the same appropriately.
- Coordination of monitoring of teaching assistants as per the daily physical & online monitoring of the teaching schedule of activities.
- Liaise with all teaching staff to ensure all teaching payment claim forms are collected, verified, and filed on time.
- Prepare the semester teaching payment reports in liaison with the Deputy Director, Academic & Research Affairs.
- Any other duty assigned by the Deputy Director, Academic & Research Affairs
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral for efficient liaison with staff and students
- Must be able to uphold professionalism, integrity, and confidentiality in the cause of their duties
- Must have maturity and confidence to work autonomously and as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Must be able to work beyond the stipulated time
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision
- Must be physically fit to move for long periods collecting monitoring of teaching data
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured