Deputy Monitoring Officer/Head of Office
Admin & Office
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification in one of the following: Journalism, Communications, Conflict Studies, Political Sciences, History, International Affairs, Security Studies, Criminology, or any other relevant fields.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
Reporting to the Head of Mission (HoM) Kenya, you will Head INSO Dadaab Field Office, ensure delivery of all INSO Services in line with Service Delivery Standards (SDS) and Networking.
- Head INSO Dadaab Field Office (Field Monitors, Monitoring Officer Assistant and Field Support Officer)
- Line Manage Field Monitors (Dadaab, Lamu, Wajir), Monitoring Officer Assistant and Field Support Officer and guide, orient, supervise the staff in accordance with INSO National Staff Regulations
- Conduct Performance Appraisals of all direct reports
- Support direct reports in setting annual objectives and monitor progress
- Approve all Purchase requests and other documentations originating from the Dadaab Field Office
Delivery of INSO Services in collaboration with Head of Mission
- Publication of Alerts and Reports
- Preparation of Weekly Incident List from Field Monitors
- Contribute to drafting of the monthly report by providing inputs from your area of coverage
- Announcing and scheduling Safety Roundtables and in coordination with Monitoring Officer Assistant, prepare the briefs and the presentation and chairing of the Roundtables focusing on specific area of coverage adhering to the standards
- Act as Independent Safety Advisor upon request by NGOs and respond to requests from individual registered NGOs- planned travel, incident management, general briefings, or third-party referrals.
- Assist NGOs upon request to conduct site security review/compound assessment of any NGO facility (residence, office, sub-office, warehouse) and provide written report with recommendations.
- In relation to security matters of extreme urgency or sensitivity provide expert assistance to senior NGO crisis responders with urgent advisory, information, or referral services such as liaison with quick reaction forces (QRF), reference to medical services or advice on incident management
- Prepare weekly reports
- Liaise with NGOs, UN, the military and other national and international security agencies to obtain relevant information for NGOs use.
- Conduct field trips to develop expertise of the local context or through constant communication with local partners, including NGOs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification in one of the following: Journalism, Communications, Conflict Studies, Political Sciences, History, International Affairs, Security Studies, Criminology, or any other relevant fields.
- Fluency in English language, both written and verbal.
- Willingness to frequently travel around the North Eastern Region and Lamu.
- A good understanding of NGO safety best practices and a willingness to learn.
- A proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships with partners.
- Excellent computer skills- Microsoft Office programs
Nice to Have
- 2 years or more prior experience with NGO security and/or project management.
- Experience in project/team management.
- Experience in drafting situation reports and short briefings, experience in crisis management and support to NGOs.
- Capacity to work with minimum supervision and maintain high level of engagement.
- Dynamic, flexible, and pro-active in analysis and engagement with stakeholders.
- Analytical mind and credible & mature demeanor
- Confidentiality, integrity, and a sense of conflict-of-interest prevention.
- Team spirit and good management of interpersonal relationships.
- Know how to plan and organize your work.
- Be able to work under pressure.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured